Briac, Prince of Bryni

"I'm serious, my brother would lock me in a tower if he found out! You're Brynian! We've hated each other for years, even before my brother was killed. Jackson would go completely mad. Did you not feel him staring at us just a moment ago? Seriously, how can-" 

I spun Rosemary away from me and back with my one arm- she was focusing on the bad, this was a tender subject for us both and I didn't want this to ruin what little ground we had made since the morning. I knew what I was, I knew what she was and the blood feud that was between our houses- even more bitter then the wars with the other kingdoms was the one between her house and mine. While I twirled her I schooled my features- trying to push the dark thoughts away. 

"W-who is the n-nervous m-mess now, hmm p-princess?" I said trying to keep my tone light- trying to change the subject. She rolled her eyes and danced with me for a moment.

“I'm not nervous. It's just my brother....” I glanced at the prince- he looked familiar. He was dancing with the red headed princess and seemed to be enjoying himself. I kept my eyes trained on him for a long moment- and suddenly found our eyes locked. He stared back at me hard, and I at him... it seemed we both were trying to recognize the other- but I'm sure I had never met him.

“....Briac?” Rosemary's voice brought me back with a start, my cheeks flushed.

“I'm s-sorry.” I smiled best I could without thinking.... smiling made my face look even more disfigured and I grimaced. Rosemary laughed at me, her laugh was light and airy- like music.... or the wind through the wheat in the late summer. 

“It's fine, just watch your feet- you almost stepped on mine.” I redoubled my efforts in my dancing and we were silent for a long moment.