Rosemary, Princess of Harrow

I felt a blush creep up my neck and color my cheeks and turned to Tilly, allowing my hair to curtain my face as I ever so carefully, unfamiliar with this horse, placed my hands on either side of her face. She dipped her head down as I hoped she would, and I rest my head against hers as we often did with camels in Harrow , whispering to her softly in my own tongue. I stood with my eyes closed for a moment, listening to her breathing until she lifted her head back upright. 

Smiling, I turned to face Briac, dropping my hands and taking the few steps to close the distance between us. 

"Briac," I smiled, placing my hands delicately on his chest and standing on my tiptoes, "I love her, thank you."

It really was an extraordinary gift, I knew that much, and a deeply rooted tradition that I, an outsider, was surprised yet pleased to be a part of. I placed a line of gentle kisses on his neck and along his jaw before he ducked his head to win a kiss on the lips. The sweetness made me smile and I pulled back, wrapping my arms around him and nestling my face in to his chest, taking in the glorious smell of the outdoors and the sound of his beating heart. I smiled to myself when I heard it quicken, wondering what he was thinking. 

"Rosie?" I heard my brother's voice call, causing Briac and I to jump back from each other.

I looked to see him standing in the door of the stable, hand in hand with Aris, looking from ne to Briac and back. I moved to stand in front of Briac, placing myself between them. Jackson looked at me for a moment, then a familiar goofy grin I know and love spread across his face.

"You know I can still see him, right Rosie?" He laughed, the comment causing me to do the same.