Rosemary, Princess of Harrow

"Well, on the contrary, no." Jackson replied to the light haired man. Politics. They were discussing politics at a party. Such a bore.

I looked off and spotted Briac approaching me. He gave a low bow at the waist once he reached me, looking up at me with a smile playing on his lips and mischief in his eyes. I tried to suppress a grin, but it found its way through.

"P-princess Rosemary."

"Prince Briac." I looked him over, his hair still appearing tangled from our ride and his red velvet tunic looking soft to the touch. I could feel Jackson's eyes on us.

Briac offered me a calloused hand and asked, "W-will you d-dance with me?"

I was shocked, to say the least. The only people I had danced with were my brothers and my father, save a few noblemen here and there briefly at parties. Besides, the dancing in Bryni is surely different than in Harrow. I bit down on my bottom lip and looked at his still outstretched hand.

My smile returned to my face as I accepted his hand. His large one enveloped my small one as I turned to look back at Jackson, "No more politics, boys. Jackson, go dance with Aris!"

Briac led me into the middle of the room where dozens of pairs danced, causing me to grow suddenly very self conscious. 

"Briac-" I started, but was cut off by a reassuring smile. Briac looked down at me carefully and wrapped his arm around my waist. I draped my free arm around his neck and looked up at him.

"Don't get too comfortable, Briac. I doubt your parents would believe sweet Briac would be a ball of jitters meeting every girl but me."

A chuckle escaped him, shaking his chest, and he laughed, "Rosemary, I t-think they'll j-j-just be g-glad I haven't scared you away y-yet."

I laughed and whispered, "I'm serious, my brother would lock me in a tower if he found out! You're Brynian! We've hated each other for years, even before my brother was killed. Jackson would go completely mad. Did you not feel him staring at us just a moment ago? Seriously, how can-"

I didn't get to finish, though, because before I could Briac released my waist and spun me away from him, then spun me back in after a moment.

Briac's arms wrapped around me as my back rest against his front and he joked, "W-who is the nervous m-mess now, hmm p-princess?"

I rolled my eyes as we began dancing again but couldn't help but crack a smile.