Jackson, Prince of Harrow

Rosemary's arms held my waist loosely, her head resting on my shoulder with the slightest snore coming from her mouth as she slept. Thalia's heavy feet stuck the foreign soil with caution, as she was unfamiliar with the territory, but the familiar sound did not wake my sister.

I, on the other hand, hadn't slept since about ten miles from Bryni territory, my distrust of them just enough to keep me awake. As the city we were in came buzzing to life as the sun rose so did the knowing looks they gave me and Rosemary and the bits of gossip.

The city was thriving with the news of the arranged marriages, every man woman and child staring at us. I took it as an oppurtunity to scan the faces of the men, but I did not find the one I was looking for. 

Turning my attention back to the path in front of me, I wondered how I was going to get through this. Violence has never been in my nature, but....my brother....

I shook my head to rid the thought, and my eyes rose to see the Castle of Bryni. 

"Rosemary, dear," I said, moving my shoulder to wake her, "we're here!"

The gates were opened for us almost automatically, probably having seen us coming for the past mile, and we entered the castle grounds. We were greated by people I could only assume were servants, and they urged us off of our camels.

Dismounting Thalia, I reached for Rosie's hand and we watched as our luggage was moved in to the castle.

"Jackson, brother, stop looking." Rosemary whispered, yanking my hand as a signal for me to follow her. A female servant greeted us then silently led us somewhere, all the while tossing glances back at us. She hadn't even asked where we were from, but I suppose between the camels, the clothing, and the silver eyes it wasn't hard to figure out. 

"Wait here." She ordered timidly, and I gave her a reassuring smile which caused her own to light up her face. She slid in to a room, and Rosemary and I waited to be called in, still hand in hand. 

"Promise you'll stop looking while we're here." Rosemary said quickly once the maid was gone, so quickly it was almost as if she didn't say it. 

I looked at her for a moment, and she turned her silver eyes to meet mine.

I hesitated for a moment, then offered, "I'll try, Rosie."

A small frown crossed her face, but she quickly hid it. She knew I would never make a promise if I didn't know if I could keep it. 

The maid reappeared, and said with a smile, "The King and Queen are eager to meet you, please do come in."