Briac, Prince of Bryni

I walked into the ball room- already blazing with candles and torches- and full of people. 

Smiling I took in the smell of the roasting meats, the cold cider and ale, and the mountains of food on the tables- the Mistrals and bards in their corner playing as if heaven's choir had descended. 

I took in the royal parents grouped about- deciding last details of their offspring fate, then I looked around For Rosemary.....Rosie.

Was, was I actually looking for her? Wanting to see her? I shook myself hard and went to get a pint of ale to try and clear my head- but I never made it.

Rosemary was standing a little apart next to her brother- her dark tresses shone iridescent in the dancing light of the torches, her slender frame looked almost womanly- I had to shake myself again and remind myself of her age- but the pint was forgotten and mustering my courage I strode over to her- My red Velvet Tunic embossed with the heraldry of Bryni- the fell Wolf contrasted sharply with her light gauzy dress. 

I walked right up and bowed.

“Princess Rosemary.” I said, schooling my voice- my mind wandering back to how those long black tresses had gotten all windswept during out ride- I was struggling to hide my smile- and it almost seemed to me, that Rosie was having the same trouble.

“Prince Briac.” She said talking down her pert little nose at me. Her brother giving me a strange searching look but I ignored it- I offered Rosie my hand.

“Will you Dance with me?” she seemed surprised that I asked her, and I waited for her reply.