Rosemary, Princess of Harrow

"I'm not sure," I said to Briac, my fingers gentley braiding Queen Anne's Lace in to a thin strip of hair, doubting he even noticed the flower yet as I continued, "What do you think?"

He thought for a moment, lying in the grass with his eyes closed, soaking in the sun as I brought the braid to a close, then finally said, "I like the name Jack."

"I don't want a boy." I said, moving on to another section of hair. We were talking about horses, of course. You can't live in Bryni and not have one. "How about Ruby?"

"You can name it whatever you want, Rosie." He said tiredly, taking my hand in his, stopping me halfway through the braid. 

Peeking through one eye, he smirked, "No more flowers, Rosemary."

Grinning guiltily, I said, "Besides, we should save Jack if you like it."

"For what?" He asked, playing with my fingers, stopping and grinning to himself for a moment when he realized. He let go of my hand, letting me take it back to finish the braid as he added, "Don't think like that."

Finishing the braid, I climbed over him, placing one hand on each side of his head. I watched as his eyes snapped open in surprise, looking to the left and right as if to see if anyone was there. 

"You," I laughed, "Act as if you haven't thought such things, yet I've heard the way the people in your castle speak. They're not nearly as reserved with their thoughts as you, Briac. Besides, everyone knows it's to happen."

I watched his cheeks color faintly and grinned to myself, proceeding to tease, "Won't you share how you feel, hmm?"

Before I could say another word, or even blink for the matter, the world was flipped and I was flat on the ground with Briac propping himself over me with his good arm. 

"If....When that happens," he said pointedly, searching my eyes, "It will not be out of obligation."

I blinked in surprise and gave a slight nod as Briac scanned the area once again quickly before leaning down for a kiss. 

I smiled as his lips met mine, enjoying the increasingly familiar taste of sweet sugar. I laughed at a thought, interrupting our kiss and gaining a bewildered look from Briac.

"Do you often eat sweets, Briac?" I laughed.