Rosemary, Princess of Harrow

Briac pushed me back with such a force, him being at least twice my size, I stumbled right in to a table adorned with glass platters and bowls serving drinks and dishes, my impact shattering everything beneath me. 

I was in such a shock at his strength and the blood running down my arms that at first I didn't know what was happening until I heard Briac pleading, “Yes, I killed your brother. I don't claim to be clean of his blood. But it was a battle Jackson- I did not seek your brother out to end his life!”

Realizing what was happening before everyone I let out an involuntary scream, tears pricking my eyes. Briac killed Tristan? Now Jackson....I sprung to my feet and ran towards them.

There was a distant thud and everything went quiet. 

Gaping at the scene before me, Briac standing over Jackson, I stopped struggling.

“H-he isn't hurt..." Briac said, avoiding everyone's eyes, "though, h-h-he might h-have a headache when h-he wakes up.” and he left the room in silence, no one quite knowing what to do.

After the guard apologized, I looked about the room, Jackson now missing. I was boiling with anger and began to run towards his room. I came to the door just as two men were leaving. Crossing the room with purpose, ignoring the inquiries of the guard, I grabbed the basin full of water, marched over to the bed, and threw the water on him. His eyes snapped open as he gasped with surprise, his hands immediately going to clutch his head in the agony of the migrane Briac promised.

"You're and idiot!" I yelled, a mixture of anger and intent to irritate his headache.

"Rosie," he moaned as he sat up, "Please!"

Denying his request for me to lower my voice, I demanded in a yell, "What in God's name were you thinking!? Do you have a death wish? "

"But he killed Tristan, Rosemary!" He protested

"He could have killed you! Do you wish for me to lose another brother!?" I yelled in response. 

He flinched, then stated, "He already killed one of your brothers."

Grabbing the post of the bed, I yelled in demand of an answer, "How many brothers did you kill in that same battle! How many brothers and fathers and husbands and uncles and nephews and grandfathers and friends? HOW MANY!"

He made no indication that he would respond, instead wiping water from his face, so I continued in a softer tone, "Why did you kill them, Jackson? Out of a personal vendetta or to save your own life and protect your country? Huh? Do you realize how many people would jump at the chance to kill you if they knew you killed someone in their family?"

Standing, he placed a hand on his forehead and muttered sadly, "You're covered in blood. Go clean yourself up."

Lifting the basin that still resided in my hand, I threw it with all my might towards his feet and as it shattered I fled the room, tears threatening my eyes. As they spilled over a ran through the unfamiliar castle, trying each door I thought led outside until I finally found one. Kicking off my shoes that were holding me back, I lifted my skirt and ran as fast as I could to the place I didn't think anyone could find me. The stable. 

Pushing open the door I looked around carefully at the horses, and approached the one in the far corner. Shedding my bothersome dress, I was left in only my under clothes and slip, and I lifted the latch to the horse's home. The horse stared at the intruder for a moment, then closed its eyes to go back to sleep. Throwing my dress in the corner, I sat on top of it and was fixing on spending the night here.