August, Prince of Yililia

The sun was just starting to peek through the sides of the curtains, hardly enough to light up the room. I had woken about an hour ago, when it was still dark, despite the feast and endless hours of memory sharing with Aris.

I looked over to Aris, whose hand I still held, as she sleeped peacefully. Her dream from last night still worried me, and perhaps was the reason I had woken so soon. Could the silver eyed boy hurt my sister even though he fights for his own? And what of the stories, the ones saying he cried for weeks when he witnessed his brother's death? Is a man like that capable of hurting her? But at the same time....those things didn't matter. All that matters is my sister, and the fact that she seemed to fear either him or a life with him.

After serious contemplation, I came upon a realization. The silver eyed boy had come with an older woman, who from what I had limitedly seen seemed like she couldn't be anything but his old nurse. After all, I had seen the woman discretely smack him across the back of his head shortly after his outburst, and who else would be allowed to do so? So, I decided, I would talk to the nurse, try to get some information about this man. There may be rules against talking to the other princes and princesses until the ball, but there were none against talking to nurse mates.