Jackson, Prince of Harrow

Aris' response worried me. What was a man from the desert to do with a girl in love with the ocean? What was a man first in line for the throne to do with such a free spirit, one that had no urge to rule? Her love of adventure, however, made me smile, for at least we shared that, and at least going to Harrow could be just that for her - an adventure. 

"I spend a lot of time reading or playing some sort of instrument, or talking with my sister. My favorite color is blue, as you can't find much of it in Harrow, and like most Harrowians (?) I have an obsession with water, because we don't have much of that either. Though I really do prefer to be outside. You really do get used to the heat and sand, though." I added that last bit as reassurance to her. "I spent most of my life doing as I pleased, going where I pleased, as it was my brother who had gotten stuck with the treacherous lessons on how to be king and how to rule a country. But life happened, I suppose."

Grinning, I laughed, "The first time I snuck out I was six years old, me and my brother Tristan decided to ride our Camels in only our underwear because it was so hot. My nurse, Lissy, who you can find right over there , found us out when we got back and gave us a good smack right across our sunburned cheeks. That didn't stop me next time, though, or any time after that. I've always taken a liking to adventure and getting my nose in to things I'm not supposed to."

"You still have your nurse?" She questioned, grinning with amusement.

I blushed, "She's around, but more as a companion now. She claims she's not leaving until my children...our...?" My blush deepened, and I stammered, now fully embarrassed and making a fool of myself, "Not that we have to...well I guess we do...wait, that didn't come out right, we don't HAVE to, I just mean..."

I trailed off, my cheeks on fire with embarrassment, realizing that I more or less just told the young princess that we would sleep together and have children. It was expected of us, of course, and we both knew it, but none the less I vowed I wouldn't touch her out of the mere need of an heir. Besides, I doubt a girl with such a love of adventure and at such an age would like to be held down with one kid tugging on her skirt and the other on her hip.