Chapter 61

Excuse any mistakes!

David Brewster
One Month Later

David Brewster One Month Later

"I'm fucking with this." I bobbed my head to the beat sipping my drink.

"You never thought about being a professional writer?" Chris asked.

"Nah, I'm only doing this for Kardi." He nodded in an understanding matter. I was in the studio with Chris helping write another song for Kardi. She's been there for me and giving me encouragement I needed. I thought I could do the same in a song.

"You know Drake hoppin on this song?"

"The same Drake that made a song about my wife?" I raised an eyebrow. Kardi had told me a little after the song came out. She didn't even know it was about herself until people started wondering who KiKi or KB was. She thought it was cute he had a crush on her but I think that shit was plain weird.

He laughed. "That's the one."

"I mean it's no beef. As long as he doesn't start no shit, we good."

"Good because he's about to walk in." He pointed through the window and he was walking inside with his security.

"What's up, man." They slapped hands then he looked me holding out his hand. "Drake."

"Dave." I shook it as he sat down next to me.

"Alright, let's get to business."

"I already wrote a verse last night when you sent the beat." Drake played his part.

"You should add you got it girl, so it goes with the chorus." I added rubbing my beard. He thought about for a second.

"Let's record." They both walked into the booth as the engineer played the beat. I was feeling the whole song. I knew Kardi would like it.

"That verse ain't about my woman?" I questioned. He looked confused for a second before he started laughing.

"Nah, man. When I wrote In My Feelings it was just for fun. We go way back."

"I was just making sure." I chuckled lightly.

"You wrote that verse?"

"Yeah."

"You got skills."

________

"Have you talked to your dad recently?" Kardi asked as we sat in the living room of our new house.

I nodded. "He called earlier to see how I was doing."

"I'm really happy you guys are getting close."

"Me too." Things so far with my dad and I's relationship is taking off down a good path. He's a very well put together man. He calls me every day just to see how I'm doing. He tries to come over when he can if he's not working. I just appreciate that much from him. I'm glad we get to work on our bond. I'm grateful that Kardi called him over that day.