Chapter 26

I recommend listening to the whole song while reading the chapter🙏🏽

Excuse any mistakes!

Kardi Chase

I woke up after what felt like hours smelling food

I woke up after what felt like hours smelling food. I felt around not feeling Dave. I looked to my right and saw Kody laying next to me. I kissed his face several times then decided to leave him alone. Grabbing my phone seeing it was now 6 in the evening. I went to Snapchat to post a little video since I haven't been on here in a while.

I sat up slowly knowing I was still in pain. I got up stretching a little and going into the bathroom. Opening the cabinet I grabbed the bottle of Advil and took one hoping it would ease the pain. I freshened up then went to put on some pants.

I could hear multiple voices which made me go into the living room and when I did I stopped in my tracks shocked at what I was seeing.

Get well balloons with candles in between each balloon filled the living room making a path for me to walk through. Candles shaped like a heart and more balloons filled the air.

"SURPRISE!" Everyone yelled in unison

"SURPRISE!" Everyone yelled in unison. My mom, dad, brothers, sister, bestfriends, everybody was here. Even Kody, when did he even wake up? Everyone had a Rose in their hand as they were all lined up waiting for me.

"What are y'all doing here?" I asked choking back tears.

"A little birdie told us you weren't feeling good and needed family here with you." Rose said twirling a piece of her hair.

"Come on sweetie." My mom held up a Rose giving it to me. "You are the reason I breathe."

"You are the reason I work hard." My dad said.

"You're the reason I'm not in the streets anymore." Koby says making me laugh a little.

"You're the reason I'm not scared of being myself." Kamren said.

"You're the reason I stand up for myself." Karmen said.

"You're the reason I'm not homeless anymore." Izzy smiled.