Chapter 25

Excuse any mistakes!

David Brewster

After I ran her bath I went into my room to take the sheets off my bed

After I ran her bath I went into my room to take the sheets off my bed. I stopped and looked at all the blood. My heart ached at this point. This was my first child and I didn't even get a chance to know until it was too late. I can't even be happy.

"Fuck man." Tears threatened to leave my eyes before I finally just let them fall. I stood there for about five minutes looking at the sheets before I took a deep breath wiping my face.

I took the sheets off the bed taking them to the laundry room to put in the washer. I then went back into my room, putting new sheets on and cleaned up the extra blood. I could hear Kardi crying hard which made me get up and go to her.

"It's going to be okay." I bent down over the tub looking at her. I hoped what I was telling her was true because I don't even know if I believe it.

"You know I'm tired of hearing that. Like when will shit actually get better. When will I finally be okay? When can I finally breathe? When will I actually be happy?" She sniffed giving me question after question.

"I can't give you an exact answer to that but I know one thing if you pray and you believe everything will be alright, Kardi."

"I do and it's not getting better for me, David." Her graze landed me and the next thing that came out her mouth broke my heart. "I don't wanna live anymore."

"Don't say that." I swallowed the lump forming in my throat.

She shook her head. "I'll finally have peace."

"What? You have peace here, your son is here! You can't leave him. He adores you so much, worships the ground you walk on. And you want to leave that? If you can't live for me, don't it for Kody. I don't want you talking like that." I said honestly.

"I know and I don't want to leave my baby or you, but you think I want to feel like this? I wish I could stop this feeling. I can't and it's how I'm feeling." She cried.

"You're not alone and I got you as long as I'm alive. I'm never leaving, alright?" I looked her in eyes waiting for her to respond. She didn't, she just nodded her head and looked down. I sighed grabbing the bath towel washing her body then helping her out the tub.

"I need those pads under there." She said pointing to the cabinet. She always kept her feminine stuff here. "And can you get me some panties please."

"Yeah." I rushed into my room looking in the draw for some panties. Finally founding them, I went to give them to her and watch her put them on along with the pad and one of my shirts. She lotioned her body and got into bed.

I watched her every move and she finally said something. "Can you stop staring?"

"I can't help it."I shrugged taking off my clothes leaving me in my boxers and getting to bed with her. I pulled her close to me and held her tightly.