Chapter 54

Excuse any mistakes!

Kardi Chase

I stared in the mirror not even recognizing the person I was

I stared in the mirror not even recognizing the person I was. Tears stung my eyes as my mind raced thinking about what my life has come to. I couldn't sleep through the night. I didn't even get a chance to tell David what I found out. I was scared for me and him. It's not easy to just come out and say.

I wiped my face pulling my hair back from my face grabbing my foundation and blending blush. This morning couldn't get any worse for me. I had my first photoshoot for Champion and I don't even want to go. You could see the big ass handprints against my neck.

"Come on." I mumbled angrily blending out the foundation but it wasn't covering up. Becoming frustrated I threw the bottle breaking it in the process. I continued by slinging everything off the bathroom counter.

"Aye aye! What's going on?" Dave came in rubbing his eyes. He tried grabbing me but I snatched back.

"Get off me." I repeated over and over hitting him in the chest. I don't know why I was taking my anger out on him but he was letting me.

"Hey, just breathe for me." He finally took ahold of my hands.

"I'm sorry." I broke down as he gave me a confused questioning look.

"It's was just a few little baby punches." He joked.

"No." I shook my head. "You don't understand. I didn't know David. I really didn't and if I did I would've told you. I'm sorry."

"You speaking in code now."

"Your dad is the one that raped me." That whole sentence came out clear as day. It felt like time had stopped around us. He never lost his grip from my hands as he stared me down.

"He r-raped you?" It's like the words left a bad taste in his mouth as he repeated them. I couldn't speak anymore afraid of saying the wrong thing. "Which means Kody is h-his?"

The way his hands tightened around mines said say no. The look in his eyes was begging me to say no as tears began to fill them up. I nodded quickly disgusted with myself.

"Nah man." He let go of my hands slamming his fist into the wall making me jump back. As he walked out the room I wanted to go after him but my feet wouldn't let me. Once I heard the front door slam shut I immediately went to ground releasing every build up emotion inside of me.

I didn't want to tell him because I was afraid of his reaction and even more because of him leaving and that exactly what he did.

My heart was beating rapidly out of my chest. Konani's cries continued to fill the room as I used my hands to block them out. My mind wanted to go comfort her but my body wouldn't let me. I could hear Kody yelling mommy and it felt like hours. Everything just echoed inside my head. It felt like I was losing my mind.

A Silent Struggle On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara