Chapter 52

Excuse any mistakes!

David Brewster

I got out my car walking up to the front door

I got out my car walking up to the front door. I knocked a few times before waiting. Just as I was about to walk off the door opened.

"David?" I turned to look at her and her face held some type of glow but she looked better than before.

"What's up ma. Can we talk?"

She shook her head moving aside. I walked in the living room with the smell of cinnamon filling my nostrils as I sat on the couch. She joined me giving me a look.

"How you been?"

"I didn't come over here for the small talk. I just wanted to know where you were yesterday night."

"I was here. I haven't left this house in almost a month."

I jerked my head back. "Why?"

"I don't know." She shrugged.

"That's not normal. You don't look like your sick or anything. You actually look good."

"Thank you." She smiled brightly.

"What's going on with you?"

"How are the kids? Do you have any pictures of them? I miss them." She questioned sadly. I pulled out my phone showing her the recent photos of them. "Aww, she's gotten so chubby now and Kodys in school. Wow, I've missed a lot."

"Yeah, you did."

"Can I see them?"

"No."

"Please David." She grabbed ahold of my hands. "I just want to see them one last time."

"One last time? What are you talking about?"

She dropped her head and cursed under breath. I'm guessing she wasn't supposed to say that but it slipped.

"There is something I can't speak about right now. I wish it wasn't like this. I wish I didn't make your life a living hell. I wish I could've protected like a mother is suppose to Dave. I failed you as a parent. I've made horrible decisions in my life but this one tops the cake. I let this man control my whole life fearing him. I wish I could take it all back and start over from that day but I can't. I wish one day you can find it in your heart to forgive me."

"Is that nigga still living here?"

"No, I promise." I felt like she was speaking in code or something. She was definitely leaving something out and I wanted to know what it was.

"Tell me what you're talking about."

"I will soon but not now." I didn't say anything but stand to my feet.

"Well, I'm leaving."

"You sure you don't want to stay longer?"

"Nah, I'm good." I headed towards the door.