Chapter 47

Excuse any mistakes!

David Brewster

"You know I love you, right?" Kardi asked climbing on top of me as we laid in bed

I laughed. "You better."

"We've come a long way. We have two kids, we're about to get married. Everything has been good. So when I tell you this please stay calm. Your mom went to the bathroom earlier and I heard her crying so I went to check on here." She sighed. "When she let me in she had a black eye."

I stared at her seeing if she was serious. The more I stared and thought, the more reality settled that this nigga put his hands on my mama once again or even more. I sucked my teeth moving her and getting up.

I walked into the closet slipping on some clothes. I grabbed my hoodie and shoes. I shuffled around the clothes trying to my gun. After searching for a good 5 minutes I found it.

"You should try harder hiding spots." I said to Kardi who stood in front of me.

"What do you need that for?"

"You know what for."

"To do what?"

"Stop asking questions you know the answer to!" I snapped.

She pinched the bridge of her nose. "Can we just think about this for a minute before you go and do something stupid."

"Ain't shit to think about. This nigga hit my mama and you want me to get back in bed and lay with you. I'm about to go do what I should've done years ago." I pushed around her going to the door.

"Please, Dave! What if something happens to you or you kill him and get caught. Then what about me? What about the kids? Did you forget about them?"

Her questions stopped me in my tracks. I thought about what she was saying but the bad overpowered the good and waved her off walking out the door.

"I'll be back. Lock the door." I yelled out unlocking my car. I raced over my moms, running red lights and everything. Luckily I didn't cause an accident or get pulled over. After 20 minutes I was parked along her curb. I cut the car tucking the gun in my waistband. I jogged to the door banging on it.

"David, what are you doing?" She questioned looking like she just woke up.

"Where that nigga at?"

"For what? We're okay now. We worked it out."

"Worked it out?"

"That's what she said." I turned out seeing him. He held a smirk on his face. He thought all of this was a game. I clenched my jaw staring at him. "We good now son. You don't need to be here."

I pulled the gun from my waist pointing it at him. The smirk he held once before dropped. Now it was my turn to laugh.

"Come on it don't be like this."