Chapter 67

Excuse any mistakes!

David Brewster

"You're not going to eat your food?" My mom asked

"You're not going to eat your food?" My mom asked. It's been a minute since we have seen each other, so she invited me over for lunch. I honestly don't even know why I agreed to come here. I was getting irritated by second. "Are you going to say something?"

"What do you want me to say?" I questioned confused.

"I don't know, something."

"Ain't shit to talk about."

She sighed. "We can talk about anything, David.

"You wanna talk? Then let's talk. Let's talk about how you let me think some random ass was my dad for 26 YEARS. You didn't open your mouth to speak about your wrongs and still haven't. LET'S TALK ABOUT HOW YOU AIN'T SHIT AND ONLY THINK ABOUT YOURSELF! LET'S TALK ABOUT HOW YOU'RE A HORRIBLE MOTHER!"

I finished slamming my hands on the table. She jumped back staring at me in shock in tears running down her face.

"I-I'm so sorry, David." She tried touching me but I snatched back.

"Don't touch me."

"I made a lot of mistakes in my life but I'm making up for them. I was wrong and I'm a horrible person, I know. I just need you to forgive me. I apologize for taking those moments and years away from your father. You didn't deserve that and neither did he.

She cried standing up from the table. She made her way to me wrapping her arms around me. Even though I tried moving she still had a tight grip on me not letting up at all.

"Please forgive me."

Chills ran through my body as I could feel tears threatening to fall. I wanted this feeling of hate to go away. I didn't want to hate my moms. I wanted us to be good again.

I thought back to an important conversation, Kardi and I had. She shed a lot of light on the situation.

F L A S H B A C K . . .

"My mom invited me over for lunch next week." I told Kardi as we laid in the bed together.

"That's good but are you going to go?"

"I'm thinking about it." I shrugged.

"I don't want to do force you to forgive her if you don't want to. I want you to do whatever makes you happy in life. I know you feel a certain pain right here."

"Where?"

She pressed her hands against my chest. "In order to be relieved of this pain, you have to forgive. The two people who caused me so much pain I already forgave them. I wanted to move on in my life and be some stronger. I wanted to hold my head high without fears and I did that with Gods help. I'm free now and I love myself. I'm actually thankful for them because I wouldn't be who I am today if that didn't happen to me. It may sound crazy but it's true. Forgiveness is key."