Chapter 45

Excuse any mistakes!

David Brewster

"We both look like some dumbasses trying to put this together

"We both look like some dumbasses trying to put this together." Speed groaned as we tried putting up Konani's crib. This shit was hard work and I was already tired. Kardi was sleeping in the guest room while Speed and I worked in our room. She didn't want the baby to have a room by herself because she didn't feel comfortable with her being alone just yet. Plus we had to pull back on moving into a bigger house since we got the surprise of a lifetime. So we'll wait a couple of months before we start looking again and planning the wedding.

She was still mad at me for no reason but once she wakes up we are having a long conversation. I want to be able to communicate better with the woman I'm going to marry and spend the rest of my life with. She has to see things from my point of view. She has to understand it's not about us. We have children to live for and she can't do that by killing herself slowly.

"I thought the damn instructions would help but I guess not. I've never did no shit like this before."

"That's why I called someone who has." He smirked. My eyebrows furrowed as I stared at him.

"Who?" The doorbell went off as soon as I asked.

"You'll see."

I smacked my lips going to the door. Once I opened it and seen who it was I closed it right back in his face. Speed gave me a blank look when I came into the room by myself.

"Where is he?"

"Who? Nobody was at the door. Some kids were probably nigga knocking." I chuckled grabbing my phone. Maybe YouTube could help me.

"Man you always bullshitin." He jogged out the room. "Kardi, come get yo man!"

"Shut up, she sleep stupid!" I yelled looking at the video.

"I could help with that." I looked up seeing Mike. Then I looked over at Speed who was smiling.

"Really?"

"You said nobody was at the door. Well, look what we have here."

"I don't need your help. Don't let the door hit ya."

"Man come on. I thought we got over that?"

"You think I'm just supposed to magically get over the fact you tried to kiss my girl, who you knew I was in love with? I appreciate you helping with the blood transfusion but nah that shit doesn't happen overnight."

"I apologized several times. It wasn't anything serious. I was drunk and feeling myself. I don't like Kardi in that way. She's like my little sister."

"That's what all the hoes say."

He laughed. "I'm being for real. Not in any way, shape, or form do I like Kardi. Paisley is the one I want."

"You really like her?" I questioned still shocked.