Chapter 30

Excuse any mistakes!

David Brewster

"Mommy...Daddy?" We both turned seeing Kody standing there with tears streaming down his face.

"Why are you crying, Kodybear?" Kardi bent down to his level wiping his face. I was standing in the same spot froze. I didn't know what to do. He called me daddy, something I've been waiting for. Now that the moments here, I'm scared.

"I got scared because I heard yelling."

"We're sorry baby. We didn't mean to scare you." He nodded walking over to me pulling on my pants. I looked over at Kardi, she looked confused but shrugged. I picked him up causing him to lay his head on my shoulder.

"What's up, little man."

"Why were you yelling at mommy?" He asked whispering in my ear.

"We were talking, I'm sorry." He lifted his head from my shoulder looking into my eyes.

"You don't want to be my daddy?" He frowned looking seeing the look on my face.

I immediately shook my head. "I do, I'm just happy."

A big smile broke out on his face as he jumped down running out the kitchen. "Mommy, I have a daddy now!"

"I know baby." Her voice trembled as she looked at me. "What's wrong?"

"You know when you had the miscarriage. I was hurt bad, it felt like my whole world shattered. But I never showed it, I wanted to be strong for you. I've always wanted a kid and I lost that opportunity before I even knew I was having one." I said feeling myself getting emotional. Swallowing the lump in my throat tears fell from my eyes.

"And I never once asked how you felt or if you were okay." She cried pulling me into a hug. "I'm sorry."

"It's all good. I'm getting a second chance to be a dad, to be something my father was never to me."

"You're going to make me cry again." She frowned.

"Shit, look what y'all did to me. I feel like a bitch." I pointed to my wet face.

"Don't say that. You're a normal man expressing his true feelings. Nothing is wrong with that."

"Since we are now talking like adults. I wanna apologize for disrespecting you, scaring you, hurting you, and getting jealous. I held all my emotions and anger in for some long and it caused me to spazz. I never wanted to do any of those things. I made a promise to never hurt you and that's all I've been doing for weeks now. We don't have to get back together right away, I know you want your space. I just hope you can forgive me. I'm sorry once again." I told her sincerely meaning every word.

"I already have. I just wanted to hear you say it. We need a little time apart. You can see Kody whenever you want."

"I respect that." My eyes flicked from hers to her lips. I leaned down taking her lips into mine. I roughly bit her bottom lip sliding my tongue into her mouth.