Chapter 5

Excuse any mistakes!

Kardi Chase

"Come on Koby don't be like that

"Come on Koby don't be like that."

"No, I just want to be left alone." He said turning his head from me laying down.

"Alright, I'll be back later." He sucked his teeth. It's now Thursday and Koby has been staying with me since he got out of the hospital. His attitude is out of this world. I just want to help, but he doesn't want my help. He is hard-headed as hell.

My phone started rings and guess who trying to FaceTime me? Dave. We've been texting ever since we exchanged number last week.

"Hey, David."

"Oh shit, you using my full government now?"

"Yes, sir." We both laughed.

"How you been, Kardi?"

"I've been good. Just taking care of my brother since he got of the hospital."

"How is he doing?"

"He's alright, going through different emotions right now."

"I hope he gets well."

"Thanks, How you been?"

"I'm good, even better now that I'm seeing your face."

I started blushing. "Well, I feel honored."

"You should but I got a question for you."

I raised an eyebrow. "What is it?"

"When you gone let me take you out on a date?" He asked smiling.

"You want to take little ole me on a date?" I questioned.

"Yes, come on ma."

"Alright, Dave."

He starts smiling. "Okay, cool I'll talk to you later. I got customers arriving."

"Byeee." I hung up.

I smiled standing up from the bed. I walked to Kody's room seeing him watching Spider-Man. This boy lives for Spider-Man.

"Kodybear, we have to get you dressed, so we can leave."

"Okay, mommy." He got up and I went to his closet finding him something to wear. I motioned for him to come here putting on the clothes and shoes. Afterwards, I took him in the kitchen for a snack.

"What do you want to snack on?"

He tapped his chin in a thinking motion making me laugh. " Orweos"

He always says Oreos like that for some reason. I nodded going to the pantry. I grabbed the pack putting a few on a napkin for him with an Apple Juice on the side.