Chapter 53

Excuse any mistakes!

Kardi Chase

"This is nerve-wracking

"This is nerve-wracking." I said as Dave stood behind me massaging my shoulders. It was the week of the meeting with Ralph. I found some good construction workers who were willing to get the job done. I had insurance on the building so they covered everything that was damaged in the fire. All I had to do was pick out new designs and how I wanted everything to go and we were good.

"Calm down. Everything is going to be perfectly fine. You look beautiful."

I blushed. "Thank you, baby."

"It's time to go in." Alissa said as I took a deep breath. This was the moment I've been waiting for let's just hope I don't ruin it. We all walked in and a lady greeted us right away.

"Are you Kardi?" She questioned getting up from her seat.

"Yes."

"Follow me." She took us to a room. "This is where your meeting will be held. Ralph and Tom should be here shortly. While you wait can I get you anything? Water, Coffee, Tea?"

"Water."Alissa said.

"I'll take a tea." I told her then look at Dave. "Do you want anything?"

"Nah, I'm good." She nodded walking away. When she came back she told me her name was Regina and if I needed anything just to yell her name. We waited for a good 15 minutes before a knock was heard on the door.

"Hello." Two men came inside. The younger one had on an orange pull-over hoodie with the word champion across it with pants to match and the older had a black crew and pants to match. I was thinking maybe suits but this works too.

"Miss Kardi it's a pleasure to finally meet. I'm Ralph and this is my boss Tom." The younger introduced himself giving me a hug.

"Tom." We shook hands. "Please introduce us to your guest."

"This is my Fiancé David and my assistant Alissa."

"Nice to meet you all. Now let's talk business."

"Okay." I sat down with a nervous look on my face.

"We want to sign you for a 4-year deal. That's come with doing photoshoots, modeling, and branding our clothing. We are not the type of people to hold you and only make you model our clothing. You can do other companies if you want."

"Well, you guys are the first. I don't think anyone else would want me."

"Once they see you, others are going to want you. It's not a problem though. As long as we're all making money and building we have no problem." Ralph said and I was living for every moment. Usually, people wouldn't want you to work with the competition but the fact they are giving me the green light is amazing.