Chapter 4

Excuse any mistakes!

Kardi Chase

I rushed down the hospital halls trying to find my mom or somebody, so I can know what's going on with Koby

I rushed down the hospital halls trying to find my mom or somebody, so I can know what's going on with Koby. He can't die I need him, we all need him. I couldn't bring Kody because I didn't want him to see his uncle like that. I had to call Paisley, so I can drop him off at her house. Eventually making it to the waiting room I see my whole family crying which makes me cry harder.

"Please tell me he's okay!" I said hopeful gaining their attention.

"They're not telling us, anything baby." My mom cried. I spotted Rose and went to sit next to her.

"He's going to be okay, Koby is a fighter." Rose said.

"I know but it's crazy because I was just talking to him and kody was just with him. I don't want to lose him." I cried as she held me telling me everything will be okay.

We waited for hours to hear something and nobody came. I must have fallen asleep because I heard my brother yelling and when I opened my eyes he had a nurse by his shirt demanding to tell us information on Koby. I ran over to grab him before he got us all kicked out.

"Let him go, Kamren."

"Nah, he needs to tell me something about my brother."

"Somebody going to tell us something, but we don't need you getting kicked out."

He huffed "Fine."

"Kamren we don't-" I was cut off by a doctor.

"Family Of Koby Chase?" He called out.

"That's us!" We all said in unison.

"Well, Koby was shot three times. One of his injuries was a gunshot wound to the left knee which caused varying degrees of damage that can cause the soft tissue injuries to the muscles, ligaments, cartilages and related structures supporting the knee joints. Also, he was shot twice in his right shoulder then he has grazed on the side of his head." The doctor said as we all look at each other in shock.

"Thank god!" My mom praised.

"But he's going to be okay, right?" Karmen questioned sadly.

"Most certainly, he's definitely a fighter. Also, he had a seizure during surgery because his body was still in shock." He looked down at his clipboard.

"Can we please see him?" I asked.

"Of course. Go straight down that hall to the right, room 423." He said.

"Thank you so much. " I said to the doctor as he begins to walk off.

"No problem, it's my job." He smiles. We walked into the room and Koby was laid back on the bed flipping through channels on the tv.