Chapter 43: Who's Sam?

Start from the beginning

I watched Lana nod, "Well, maybe I'll see you around blondie." She said before heading out to the back fence and going out of it.

She was so cool to me.

"Uh Vee?"

I jumped and turned staring at Jessa, "Hey! Sorry I was just seeing if there was lemons on this tree." I said off the top of my head

She eyed the tree "Oh that's smart." She said softly and began getting lost in the tree.

Going past her, I grabbed two drinks and headed to my table sitting down.

Lucien smirked over at me and I stared at him carefully, "What?" I asked.

He leaned back and stared over at me, "Since we're a couple, I want you to know something about me." He cleared his throat, "I'm always aware of my surroundings." He said quietly.

Huh?

I gave him a look and drank my champagne.

Luce shook his head, "What did she want?" He asked whispering.

Shit. He noticed her.

I leaned back, "The same thing Sam wanted. To know whether the academy was safe." I said softly.

He gave me a long stare, "Go to the back grill, the one by the pool. Then walk toward the old garden." He said placing his glass down.

Giving him a weird look, he cocked an eyebrow, "Someone is here to speak with you." He said quietly.

Oh.

I stared around but couldn't find anyone.

Instead, I did what Lucien said.

Making it to the garden, I headed to the man by the koi pond, "Vydia Vixen. Powerful sounding name." He said turning and staring over at me.

I gave him my hand and he shook it, "My name is Killian Rosewood. You met my sister, and my niece Annalise." He said watching my reactions.

He belongs to Vangsvere Academy, I smiled and let my hand drop to my side.

His eyes moved to the koi's, "You've been invited to the castle as a guest for a meeting. I recommend you pack for three months, but if you change your mind you are always welcome to come back home." He said stepping toward me.

I gave him a confused look, "Why me?" I asked.

Killian cocked an eyebrow, "Well, if you come you will find out. If you don't show, I will consider that your decline. You are in no way obligated to show up. Everything will be paid for though, and you will be allowed to bring one guest." He said smiling.

I looked to the business card he handed me and then looked up to ask him what I was invited to do, but he was instantly gone.

Staring down at the card, I shoved it in my bra and headed back to the party.

Lucien watched me discreetly, "Get invited?" He asked.

I nodded once, "I think I'm going to go. And I just want you to know, you're coming with me." I said taking his hand.

He gave a nod and brought my hand to his lips kissing it.

God this is nerve wrecking.

It was ten and everyone was gone by now, I looked to the door and gave it a knock.

"Come in." Viktor called.

I headed inside and shut the door behind me, his eyes looking to me and then back at his papers. "I uh, I have to talk to you about something." I said watching him put his pen down and sit back giving me his full attention.