Chapter 8: She Got Kayla High

Pulling the black dress on, I eyed my reflection hoping I didn't look like some over the top try hard.

I had to debate on a face full of makeup or light makeup for a solid twenty minutes deciding on simple wing and red lip look. You honestly can't go wrong with that.

Plus, the last time I wore a full face of makeup with a Smokey eye, I wounded up pregnant by my thirty year old substitute. Long story, ended with an abortion and he got fired. I didn't report it to any officers because it was technically consented and I did enjoy every bit of it. Obviously it was horrible and he's a pig for having sex with a seventeen year old but hey, shit happens.

Aunt Mel kicked his ass. Literally beat the shit out of him and it was funny to watch, he then made sure I was okay after the abortion and paid for groceries for a year for us. He said he felt guilty and wasn't a man who has underage sex but he did.

He did.

Moral of the story, Vydia with a full face of makeup looks older and a bit like a very expensive prostitute.

We avoid that Vydia.

Going to my bed, I grabbed out the black heels that Lucien said matched the dress. (It was the most input I got in comparison to shoes)

Spritzing a bit of perfume, I ran my fingers through the bottom curls and then headed back to the bathroom. Half up, all up or all down?

Dammit.

There was a lot of talk downstairs, people kept coming and I felt my anxiety grow we're meeting Viktors family. The strict, devious and mean Viktor.

The same Viktor that told his son he could beat my sister.

Pinning it half up, half down, I made sure my hair fell in nice big curls down and then sighed and headed out the bathroom and out the bedroom.

Shutting the door behind me, I listened to the laughter and commotion, my stomach turning. I should've told Arabella and Jessa to wait for me.

Going toward the steps, I stopped at the top of the steps and stared down at Lucien who was shutting his door.

He turned his head and looked up at me, his eyes falling over my gown and face before he smirked and walked over, "I should have people hire me for my opinions." He said jokingly.

I headed down the steps and made it to the bottom looking over at him, "I know you hate me, and everyone, but can you do me a favor and walk with me?" I asked him watching as he looked to the steps while his eyebrow did a small cock before leveling out "You nervous?" He asked furrowing his eyebrows.

Nodding, I felt myself blush, "I've never met family, I mean relatives. But I know there's always the drunk aunt, the talkative uncle, the sweet grandparents and a pregnant lady." I said laughing and watching him break into a grin.

He hid his grin back "Where did you get that from?" He asked as we began walking down the hall, we headed down the second flight of stairs to the second floor.

"Television?" I said looking over at him nervously.

Lucien nodded with a small smirk, "Just so you know, I hate everyone here and they all hate me. Walking in with me is a bit like social suicide." He said low.