Chapter 38: A Sweet Romance

Fuck!

"Come on Vydia, get your ass up!" Viktor shouted to me, as if the louder his voice gets the more scared I get.

I used to be afraid, months ago.

We've been at this training and fighting and nonsense bullshit for the last four months.

Staring at the stupid suit, I eyed the part glowing red.

The pain was excruciating and I know that if I pull this suit off it'll be gone but right now, in this suit, I've been "shot". God damn technology.

Pulling myself up, I stared ahead and ran putting all my attention on the wall and not my leg.

The sound of a crack of a stick, weight, not too much, slow and steady, careful.

Valdus.

I threw myself to the floor doing a tuck roll hearing the click. Dodged another bullet.

Standing back up, I hurried to the tree running and jumping up it, pulling myself up and pulling the gun from my pocket.

Aiming it toward Dimitri who was slowly walking toward the tree, I pulled the trigger.

He stumbled back and cursed loudly. "God dammit Vee, that's the fucking groin!" He shouted falling to his knees and dropping his head to the dirt.

Viktors been taking us to the woods a lot lately, my task? Get to the wall, hop it and meet him on the other side. The problem? Valdus, Judah, Dimitri, Bastian and then newly re-recruited Lex.

Steadying my breath, I ran softly over the branch, "Vydia careful." I heard Viktor shout.

Yeah yeah old man.

Leaping to the next tree, I missed and landed on the second branch catching it with my hands.

Pulling myself up, I breathed slow and quietly, the guys were scouting beneath me.

Lowering myself from the tree to the floor, I ducked behind a bush and waited.

Judah walked by laughing as he passed poor Dimitri.

I aimed the gun and as he took two steps forward, I pulled the trigger.

He grabbed at his chest and fell to his knees, "Dammit Vydia!" He said laughing and then laying on his back.

Smirking, I moved back into the woods but stopped when I felt the metal at my back.

Valdus.

Turning my head, I smirked at him.

He's a trained assassin, for me to beat him so soon would be an insult.

That and I honestly don't think I'm capable of it. The guys got some crazy skills and muscles.

This is the closest I've ever gotten to the wall though, in months. At first I couldn't even make it past a tree.

"Time count!" Valdus shouted.

Viktor walked around the wall and I reached down rubbing the ache in my leg.

God these things feel so realistic

Lucien held a stop watch and gave me a small smirk, "Beat your last time and managed to get further." He said before handing the stop watch to Viktor.

That's good, progress.

Four months of endless nights of this, I didn't know how much I'd miss my bored out of my mind moments.

It's been every morning at six, and then all the way till two, then I get two hours, and then it's back into training until eight.