Chapter 40: Yet My Dumbass Mouth Still Did It

"Alright but if I go with this one, I feel like it's almost too try hard." I said eying the summer dress.

Dimitri glanced up from his phone and eyed the dress over. "Yeah." He said nodding before going back to scrolling on his phone.

Sighing, I walked back into the closet changing into a simple black dress that fit for an any day occasion.

Going out the closet, I cocked an eyebrow at Dimitri and he glanced up for a second, then looked back up at the dress and nodded, "That's the one." He said bored.

I grabbed my denim jacket and slipped on some black sandals and a simple necklace.

Pulling my hair into a ponytail, I headed to the bathroom and stared at my reflection. To makeup or not to makeup?

Running my eyes over the scars, I felt an internal debate.

Applying makeup, I covered the scars and headed out to the room looking to Dimitri who was laying on my bed focused on something.

"Time check!" I called.

He stared up at me, "two ten." He said glancing back at his phone.

Grabbing my purse and my phone, I thanked him and hurried out the room and down the steps.

Slamming into Valdus, I gave him a blushed look, "Sorry, I didn't see you." I said walking around him.

He gave a nod, "Where are you rushing off to?" Val asked cocking an eyebrow at me.

Uh.

I had a sheepish smile, "I got a date." I said proudly.

Valdus crossed his arms over his chest watching me carefully, "I don't remember doing a background check on anyone recently." He said hinting at me.

I laughed nervously, "Because you didn't. Don't worry, he's a cop." I said biting my lip to fight a big smile.

He furrowed his eyebrows, "This wouldn't by any chance be the same cop you had sex in the car with, would it?" He asked warningly.

I shrugged, "You're the info man aren't you?" I smirked and headed down the steps and out the front door.

Going down the driveway, I went out the gate as I pressed it open and headed to the car parked by the sidewalk.

Walking over to it, I gave the window a knock and as it rolled down, I smiled at James.

Getting in the car, I shut the door behind me and buckled my belt as Lucien's face popped up in my head.

I smiled at James, he wasn't as handsome as I remember.

Maybe he thinks the same about me though.

James leaned over and tilted my chin taking my lips.

I kissed him deeper, I'd almost forgot how much I absolutely love a mans touch.

Pulling back softly, I blushed and watched him smirk and drive off down the street.

"So you live in a castle now?" He asked as we drove through the green light streak.

I gave a nod, "I mean it's not really a castle but it's a nice home." I said trying to be humble about the massive mansion.

He laughed, "I'm surprised you're even single, I excepted you'd be in a serious relationship by now. Really did not expect you to say yes to our date at all." He said nervously.