Chapter 39: James

"Vydia, come on, you've got this!" Dimitri shouted as he sat on the wall staring at me.

I took a steady quick breath, looking to the wall, I watched him smirk.

Come on Vydia.

Taking a steady breath, I kicked off my heels running and then sliding across the muddy ground pushing back up and running to the wall.

I dodged about seven fake bullets before my arm was hit. Crap.

Keep going Vee.

Kicking up my speed, I took two more shots and then kicked off the ground leaping to the wall.

I grabbed the top of it pulling myself up quick before throwing myself over the wall.

Shit!

I landed on my back hitting the floor and knowing I'm absolutely going to be in pain in the morning.

But I made it.

Staring up at Viktor, I smiled and he held a hand out to me. "Congratulations Vydia." He said proudly.

Taking his hand, I let him help pull me back to my feet.

We headed back to the parking lot tired and all of us sweaty, exhausted and in need of showers for our aching muscles.

Lucien took his car today since the bike is getting new wheels, and I personally loved the car.

This weekend is my birthday and although I've been quiet about it, obviously Aunt Mel isn't.

Looking down at my phone, I eyed the text from Aunt Mel, 'The Bottles ready and it's filled, can't wait for the gender reveal! Just need you to pick it up.'

I smirked, she wanted to do a champagne bottle type of gender reveal, inside the bottle is either pink dyed champagne or blue dyed.

I'm honestly not sure how she managed that but she's got a way about herself.

That and billions of dollars.

Marrying rich really does pay off.

Going over to Lucien's car, I pulled open the passenger seat and got in shutting it behind me.

I watched as Luce walked over to the car staring at the ground and lost in his thoughts.

As he got in, he stared over at me and pushed the car to start, "Seatbelt." He said gesturing to me.

Oh, right.

Buckling in, I gave a nod and he turned the music up while buckling his own belt and driving us out of the parking lot.

Tapping the address Aunt Mel sent I held the phone out to Luce, "The bottles ready to be picked up. Mind if we get it?" I asked.

He stared at the map and then switched lanes, "I don't mind." He said driving away from the home and toward the shop.

We pulled up to the store and I felt my phone vibrate as we got out.

Luce headed to the door and I followed while pulling my phone from my pocket. Answering it, we headed to the front, "Hi, I'm here to pickup a champagne bottle for Melissa Viper." I said holding the phone to my chest as I spoke with the man behind the counter.

He gave a nod and I put the phone to my ear, "Hello?" I asked watching Lucien eye the different bottles on display.

His bad hand in his pocket, but the other ran over the bottles and turned them reading some he found interesting.