Chapter 43: Who's Sam?

Taking Lucien's hand, I entwined our fingers and headed down the stairs with him knowing all the extended family was over for the baby shower.

Thankfully, since no one talks to Luce, we just went straight to the table and I laid my head on his shoulder staring at Kayla who was smiling happily with Bastian.

"Ah look who it is." A voice came from behind and I turned my head looking to the man who smirked at Lucien.

I watched Luce give a nod, "Sam, I didn't expect you here." He said thoughtfully.

Sam the old handsome man smiled, "Neither did I, but here I am. You and your brothers you do deliveries for the Vangsvere Academy right?" He asked discreetly.

Lucien gave a nod and Sam pondered his next words, "My granddaughter Dayna was invited to visit, in fact the headmistress insists. I heard she also asked for Daitons daughter. Then the uh Emma girl." He shrugged.

Who are they?

I watched Lucien stare down at me, "They're a very well respected academy. I trust their judgments." Luce said to Sam.

Then Sam stared down at me, "Vydia Vixen, Pleasure. My granddaughter had many good things to say about you." He said smiling.

Dayna said good things about me?

Gee, well now I feel like shit.

I gave him a smile, "Please tell her I said hello. Also that I've been to the academy, it is a very wonderful place. She should at least visit." I said watching him nod and stand giving us farewell nods before walking away.

Looking to Lucien, I leaned in, "Who's Sam?" I asked thoughtfully.

He stared down at me and then up at Sam as he walked away, "A very powerful man. He practically runs everything." He said quietly.

Interesting.

I felt a kiss pressed to my cheek and turned smiling at Lucien before kissing him.

Staring out at the crowd, I watched everyone but my eyes stuck on a particular guest.

She stood in the way back with a glass in her hand and her eyes fixed on me.

Then she turned and walked behind the side of the house.

Standing, I looked down at Luce, "I'm going to get a drink. I'll be back." I said kissing him and watching him nod.

Going past the crowds to the side of the house, I turned and headed toward the tree where I noticed her dark heels.

Making my way to her, I gave her a soft and scared smile, "Lana." I said nervously.

She stared down at me with her arms crossed over her chest and a thoughtful look to her face.

Her focus moved to me, "What do you know about Vangsvere Academy?" She asked looking me over.

I felt my words jumble up in my head, "You got invited too?" I asked watching her stare me in the eyes, "You were invited?" She asked.

I shook my head, "Oh no, I know a girl who was. She's some really good assassin actually she was searching for you a couple months back." I said blabbering.

She nodded, "Dayna Bellatrix. Stubborn girl, but I liked her spunk." She said softly.

Lana stared down at me, "So should I trust them?" She asked.

Kind of odd to put your entire trust in a girl you don't know but alright, "Well yes, I would say so. I was treated very nicely there and I wasn't even invited. I actually showed up uninvited." I said hating how awful that made me sound.