Chapter 16: Road Dome?

Tossing my hands over Tyler's neck, I swayed my hips and laughed as his aunt pushed me into him.

I gave him a goofy smolder and he ran a hand over my face laughing, "Creep." He said spinning me slowly twice before pulling me to his chest and holding my hand dancing with me.

I was his date for his cousins wedding and I knew most of his family so it wasn't awkward or weird.

Tyler looked ahead and then rose his eyebrows, "Oh shit Emily brought her hot friend." He said low.

I turned my head to look at the girl and thought damn, she got hotter.

He's definitely into brunettes, it's his favorite.

He dipped me and I looked to see her and as he pulled me back up I gave him a smirk, "Go ask her if she wants a drink. Oh ask her if she's a vet yet." I said remembering her talk about that years back.

Tyler nodded and I headed to the table watching him scoop up two glasses of champagne while walking over to her smoothly.

Sitting forward, I tried not to gawk but I couldn't help it.

"You and him would be the cutest couple."

I turned my head smiling over at his mom, "No, me and him would make the most troublesome couple. Imagine, me and him, together. Both of our horrible ideas always mixing." I said watching her frown and nod patting my shoulder as she eyed the crowd laughing softly in agreement.

Yup, "He told me you're living with eleven older guys who can, well as he says 'lift him up and fold him ten times and flick him off their thumb' which I'm not sure what that means." She said lost in thought.

I smirked, "They're all talk, big lookin guys but they're all idiots." I said but my mind ran over Lucien and I decided that comment excludes him.

She laughed low, "All guys are idiots, they reach the age of thirty and then they're just idiots with careers." She said giving me a wink.

Her sister walked over and smiled at me sweetly, "Vydia! Oh it's so good to hear you're back in town, Tyler's always talking about you." She said running her hand over one of my curls.

I smiled politely back, "Thank you, I talk about Tyler a lot too. He's a great guy." I said watching her smile as she said the next part, "But apparently not great enough for you!" She laughed looking to Tyler's mom.

I've gotten a lot of these comments all night, actually I get them more than I'd like but I'm so used to them.

Tyler and I once tried to start up a relationship but we fought insanely and it almost fucked up our friendship.

I cherish him too greatly to allow that to ruin us or the friendship we have.

He walked back over and smiled at me "Got her number." He said proudly.

His aunt ran her hand over his hair, "Such a handsome young man, what are you doing getting that girls number? You have a gorgeous girl right in front of your eyes!" She said gesturing to me.

I cocked an eyebrow at Tyler, "Yeah Ty, open your eyes." I joked watching him grin and give her a sigh, "For the last time, Aunt Becca, I'm not going to ever date Vydia. Stop. Tell all your circle, all of them, it won't happen. Take your dream picture of Vydia and I that's hanging on your fridge, and move it, we will never get married. Ever." He said giving me a high five.

Smiling at his aunt she gave Tyler's mom a look, "I don't understand him." She said softly before going away.

I smiled at his mom and she kissed my cheek, "Don't forget its an hour till your curfew." She said giving me a warning look.