Chapter 25: Congragulations, Finally Free

After my awkward incident with Bastian, I think we hit an odd patch in our 'relationship'. It's been a week and he's been avoiding me in times he can and then I'd catch him stare at me for a while.

It's been a bit odd.

Maybe kissing a guy I live under a roof with isn't really going to help, especially when that guy is supposed to be off limits.

"Ready?" Aunt Mel asked as she stared down at my thigh brace.

Absofuckinglutely, "I've been ready since they put the damn thing on." I said walking normally to the car with her.

Today I got to skip school thanks to my brace and I was going to spend a lot of alone time with Aunt Mel. She's planning a big wedding for her and Viktor and wants me to go with her to pick place settings.

Getting in Viktor's black Tesla, she drove me to my doctors office and the whole time we sang songs making up how I was happy to get my brace off.

She had an appointment to check up and see how the baby is doing so we made them right after the other just to make things easier.

And with four clicks, I sighed in relief, "You're a free woman now." The doctor joked and I laughed running my hands over my now free thigh.

I missed you thigh.

So much.

We thanked him and he looked over my scars carefully, "Alright so the two on the left side of your face are healing very nicely. I think in a few months you should have barely anything but a light line. Barely noticeable." He said nodding.

A few months?

I nodded "Thank you." I said before he walked us out his office.

Our next appointment was two levels up and we took the elevator with a baby who wouldn't stop laughing and smiling at me.

Thanks kid but you are not convincing me of anything, no kids for this girl. Nope, hell no.

Staring at Aunt Mel she smirked and we went out the elevator to get her appointment done.

After thirty minutes of questioning and feeling, the doctor looked over at me and smiled, "We're about that time for you to schedule for an ultrasound hearing, would you be interested?" The woman asked Aunt Mel.

I watched her nod and smile over at me, "Yes, absolutely." She was so happy.

As Aunt Mel called Viktor to ask when a good date was for him, I could hear his laughter and excitement on the phone.

Viktor loves my aunt, so much and I love that he does because if she was with any man who didn't adore her, trust and encourage her or empower her well being and self discoveries I would say no.

Two hours later, we finally arrived home with an idea of just how the wedding will be. The woman who helped us was sweet and very patient, especially with Aunt Mel and her need for a pop of color to the beiges and browns but not too much color.

She's forty one years old, the woman is getting married for her first time, she damn well gets to choose whatever she wants and it can be as perfect as she wants.

Viktor agrees.

Going inside, I knew what I wanted more than anything right now, to swim in that god damn pool.

I wasn't allowed to swim with the brace on, I was finally home, braceless and in desperate need for a dive.

"Look who's free." Judah said walking out the reading room, I gave him a small smile and hurried out to the backyard.