Chapter 18: His Aura Was A Dark Blue

It's been a week of being cooped up in my bedroom, the last brother I saw was Valdus and that's because he brought my dinner.

Bella has been guarding the door and telling everyone who tried to come say hi, to fuck off and die, including the maids.

She's still an aggressive woman, good.

Jessa walked in and gave me a huge smile, "You ready to try to walk down the stairs? With our help of course." She said gesturing to Bella.

Bella's been helping me shower off and get to the restroom but yesterday I was getting there on my own.

No I can't stand on my leg but I am doing better at hopping and balancing.

It's said that the femur is the most painful bone to break, and so I now believe I can break any other bone and be totally okay.

According to the internet, I won't be walking for another three weeks.

Depending on my bones but I am a quick healer for some reason, I did break a few bones in the past. Mine, I mean I broke others bones too but I mean mine this time.

I stood and gave Bella a look watching her hurry over happily, "We'll take you to the pool and you can sit and put your feet in the water." She said hooking an arm under my left shoulder.

I hopped and Jessa headed out the room with me before walking backwards and smiling up at me.

Dork.

I headed down the first flight with much work on my good leg, then the second flight feeling tired.

Staring at Bella, I shook my head watching her go to pick me up, "I've got this." I said taking a steady breath.

Bella nodded and waited.

I eyed the door that opened and Wolf smiled widely, "Its good to see your face." He said sweetly.

Giving him a small smile, I untucked my hair letting it fall over my stitches that were healing a bit more now.

He eyed the stairs, "I got it Bella." He said switching with her as she massaged her shoulder letting him know I needed to do it myself.

Giving Wolf a shy look, I watched him walk me down the steps carefully and patiently, he told me to take a moment after every third step and I realized he'd make a great physical therapist.

"Have you ever thought of being a physical therapist?" I asked him low as we waited in the middle of the stairs.

He gave me a nervous smile, "Dad wants us all to join pieces of the family business." He shrugged. They don't get to pick their careers?

I watched him smile down at me, "How can you see with all that hair in your face?" He asked pushing my hair back.

He gave me a sweet smile that reminded me of Jessa's "There, ready?" He asked gesturing to the steps.

Giving him a small nod, I went down the few more before he had me stop again. I untucked my hair again and heard him laugh softly, "You know, I think you're a bit too beautiful to be self conscious about a couple little cuts." He said quietly.

I looked over at him and felt my guilt at my own self conscious feelings.

As soon as I can walk, I'll be able to visit Tyler and I feel guilty about my small cuts when he's massively depressed about his missing limb.