34. Steal my girl

"I expected to see you here" Steve spoke calmly as he walked upto me "Steve, what are you doing here?" I looked at him in shock, my grandma's grave was the last place I thought I'd see him.

"I knew you would come to see her, on her birthday" he smiled a bit as he kneeled down besides me & placed a red rose on her tombstone.

"How do you know it's her birthday?" I asked curiously "the last time I was here, I saw what's written on the stone" he replied.

"Oh" I mumbled as I slowly stood up & straightened my skirt, it was weird that Steve was here instead of Tony "you okay?" He asked as he stood up & dust off his pants "I am" I nodded.

"Do you want to grab a drink or something?" He looked at me "Yeah, why not" I exhaled as we walked towards my car.

"You brought your bike" I smiled a bit as he nodded "yeah, I'm a bike kind of guy".

"There's this new bar down the street, I think we should check it out" I suggested as he responded "sure, after you". I drove my car & he followed from his bike, the place was not crowded & I liked it we took the last corner seat & ordered our drinks & some snacks "how have you been?" He asked "good & you?" I looked at him.

"I'm good" he said slowly "and Tony?"

"He's doing great, actually" I chuckled a bit.

"Good to know, we haven't talked after your birthday...I guess he is still pretty pissed" he said.

"I guess not" I mumbled "we never talked about what happened, between you guys & about his parents" I sighed.

"Yeah, it was hard on him" he admitted "how's everything between you two?" He looked at me.

"Fine" I exhaled.

"But you don't look that good, I mean you look beautiful of course...you are, I just meant to say you don't look good in the other way...like your mind is occupied" he said.

"It's just that my dad thinks me & Tony should settle down but I...I don't know" I exhaled.

"You are confused" he raised a brow.

"No, it's not that but I really don't know about us...you know, I love him & everything but there's a part of me that tells me nothing last forever" I said slowly "he will always be ironman & that scare the shit out of me".

"I know, being a superhero comes with a price" he gave a deep sigh.

"You know best" I sighed.

"Her name was Peggy Carter, we planned for a dance" he chuckled low "but before that could happen, I went under the ice...after I returned it was too late 70 years has passed by, but she had a good life & two kids" he smiled a bit.

"I'm so sorry to hear that" I said gently.

"Hey, she had a good life" he repeated.

"Yeah, she did" I smiled a bit "she's gone now" he sniffed "but she will always be remembered".

"Steve" I mumbled as I hold his hand "you okay?" As he nodded "yeah, I'm good. Sorry".