43. Here without you

I gave my word to Coco that I will look after Tony if anything happens to her because she knew that if anything happened to her, Tony would lose himself. I never thought I'd face a day in my life without coco in it, I didn't know where she was & what even happened to her. Was she dead? Was she alive? Was she in another parallel universe? She just disappeared in a snap & I could never accept that she's gone because how can a person be gone just like that? Everyday I hoped I'd see her or she would just pop out of thin air like she disappeared.

"Cindy?" Nat called as she walked into the kitchen "yeah" I looked towards her as I emptied the pack of dog food, Jerry was eating really well after tony came back from space.

"We need you" she sighed as I followed her "it's tony" she mentioned as I felt a tight grip around my stomach, what happened to tony again? Was he okay? he has been in a really bad place ever since he came back from space & found out about coco, he has been rebellious & arrogant & was always in a quarrel or furious most of the time. We could hear him screaming or breaking things & weeping most of the time, he didn't eat nor sleep but I saw some empty bottle of whiskey so he was drinking & this was not the time to drink. I slowly turned the door knob & pepped into the room Tony was, everything was scattered on the floor this was bad he never broke everything in his room ever & it smelled of strong whiskey as I saw a bottle of whiskey broken on the floor it was almost full as half the floor was covered with the liquid. I walked in closing the door behind, I saw him on the edge of the bed with his hands around his head as he looked down on the floor his breathing heavy. He has destroyed everything on that room except the bed he was on but the pillows & sheets were all on the floor "Tony?" I called gently, he didn't respond but he knew it was me. Then I remembered something so I walked out of the room & grabbed my purse from the living area & entered again, he was still in the same position he was before but his breathing was calmer "Tony?" I called again but he just ignored my presence as I slowly pepped toed towards him, trying my best not to step on anything.

"Can I sit here?" I asked him but he just didn't give any kind of reaction or response so I just sat beside him "I know exactly how you feel Tony, cos belief me I do the same...she was not only my best friend but my sister as well, I loved her to death & I wish it was me instead of her" as I reached into my purse & grabbed the two engagement rings out as I gently opened my palms & exposed them to Tony.

As soon as he saw the glittering rings he reached for them "how did you?" He asked as he grabbed them both in the fist of his hands & began to sob.

"Right before she vanished, we were making blueberry cupcakes your favourite & she kept these two rings in her drawers...I grabbed them before I came here" my voice heavy as hot tears began to roll down my cheeks uncontrollably.

"Baby, I'm so very sorry. I promised you, I'd never leave you but I did. I went up on that spaceship even when you wanted me to return to you...if only I had listened to you, if only I had not left" his voice cracked as he wiped his tears.

"It wasn't your fault tony, you left because you wanted to protect her" my voice heavy as I recalled that day, when coco fell on the ground after she heard from tony that he was on that spaceship.

"Was she in pain, that day?" He looked at me as I saw the hurt in his eyes, I've never ever saw anyone in my life being as hurt as tony was. His eyes were red & dull from crying & full of sorrows & his face had lost the spark that he was born with, can a man be this broken? "She told me...it's okay" I stammered as I looked away, I couldn't face him. He was beyond broken & I didn't know how to comfort him.