4. Show me the meaning of being lonely

"What the hell are you serious?" I nearly screamed as I got the news, there was a blast at the Chinese theatre & Happy was there when it happened.

"Yes, Mam...he just got out of surgery" Ana said slowly.

"We need to leave now" I mumbled as I picked up my purse & we walked out of the office, on our way to the hospital. How did Happy even ended up in that blast I had no idea about it, it was a shock I rang Tony up "babe" he said softly as he picked up.

"Tony, Happy's admitted at the hospital" I said.

"What?" Tony sounded shocked.

"Meet me there, asap" I sighed as I hanged up the call, there was a huge crowd outside the hospital after the attack & I wasn't comfortable with the press but we had no option but pass through them.

"How's he?" I asked the nurse as I stood outside Happy's room.

"Mam, he's out of danger" she said.

"Can we see him?" I asked as she nodded as a yes & left. He was breathing with the pipes & he didn't look like he was in a good shape, tears welled up my eyes to see him like that even though he's Tony's bodyguard I've known him for years & he was family I couldn't see him like that.

"Mam, you should take a seat" Ana said slowly as she handed me a tissue as I sat down & wiped my tears.

"Happy" Tony exhaled as he stood at the door then he saw me & walked towards me as he pulled me into a hug "I'm so sorry, you have to see this".

"Will, he be okay?" I sniffed as Tony rubbed my back "he will be, hon".

"I'll get something warm for you, Mam" Ana said as she walked out of the room.

"I've doubled the security & Happy is taken the best care of, so relax" Tony kissed my forehead, then he walked towards Happy & looked down on his old friend by the look in his eyes I could clearly see it. He was hurt & traumatised to see one of his best friend on his death bed but for me he tried his best to keep a smile on his face because he didn't want me to see the pain in his eyes.

"Babe" I mumbled as Tony looked at me "yeah".

"It's not your fault" I said gently as Tony walked towards me "What?" He asked softly.

"You think it's your fault, you are blaming yourself for the mandarin...I can see that but it's not" I murmured as he hold my hands "today it's Happy & god forbids tomorrow if it's you, I swear to god I'll wipe mandarin & his men or whoever supports him from the face of this world".

"Don't say that" I pressed my lips.

"You know, I can't live without you...I just don't know what to do anymore babe, I want to protect you by being with you but it's like I'm cursed & everything that I touch turns into ashes" his voice cracked as a tear drop fell down on my hand.

"Tony" I mumbled as I pulled him up & let him sit besides me "stop blaming yourself, you can't save everyone" as I saw the pain in his eyes.

"But I'll save you & that's a promise" he said as he embraced me "I know you will" I said as the nurse walked in "Sunday nights. PBS. Downtown Abby. That's his show, he thinks it's elegant. One more thing. Make sure everyone wears their badges. He has a sticker for that sort of things. Plus, my guys won't let anyone in without them" as the nurse nodded "sure, Mr Stark".

"I think you should head home babe" Tony looked at me "and you?" I asked.

"I'll be here for a while, grab a coffee maybe...I just want to spend some more time with Happy & even Rhodey is on his way" he said.

"I don't want to leave you alone Tony, I mean in this kind of environment" I murmured.

"I love you for that babe but I can't see you in these kind of environment either. I am ironman, I'm use to these types of things" he smiled a bit.

"Mam" Ana mumbled as she stood at the door with a cup of coffee as I walked up to her & took it "thanks" as gave it to Tony "please, don't do anything stupid" as Tony smiled "I won't" as he kissed me.

Is that what you want?
here's a little holiday greeting.
I've been wanting to send to the mandarin.
I just didn't know how to phrase it until now.
my name is Tony Stark & I'm not afraid of you.
I know your a coward.
so I've decided that you just died, pal.
I'm going to come get the body.
there's no politics here, just good old fashioned revenge. There's no pentagon, it's just you & me.
and on the off chance if your a man,
here's my home address.
10880 Malibu point.
90265.
I'll leave the door unlocked.
that's what you wanted right?
Bill me.

Tony just said all those on live television & threw away a reporter phone, asking him to bill him. What the hell was really happening with him? He was becoming more & more hard to read & complicated, I left him at the hospital telling him not to do anything stupid & he just did, what I told him not to by giving away our home address to the whole wide world, without a second thought & he didn't care.

"Tony" I clenched my jaws as I stood behind him.

"Babe" he mumbled as he swirled around his chair, he was busy with his usuals messing around with his holograms "we need to talk" I murmured as looked up on me "yeah?"

"What were you thinking?" I asked as he stood up "what do you mean?"

"You know exactly, what I mean" I muttered.

"I just threatened, the mandarin that's it" he said.

"By exposing our home address" I almost yelled as I folded my arms "I got this covered" he said slowly.

"No you don't. And I've canceled our holiday plans with the family" I said "why?" He asked.

"Because I can't let you be around them, Tony...until you figure yourself out. I've told them to go without us this year" I mentioned.

"How can you? It's out tradition" he looked at me.

"Tony, you are a ticking time bomb & a hot mess right now...we can't be around my family, especially grams she's going to be 100 in some years. You will give her an early attack if you fuck things up like you always do" I said.

"But" he mumbled.

"No buts...Ana is coming over to take Ice & Jerry, they will be with her for some days & you & I are moving somewhere else" I raised my brows.

"Where?" He asked.

"Somewhere, where the whole world doesn't know our address" I hissed.

"Babe, come on" he shrugged.

"You better cooperate, Anthony Edward Stark or I'll be leaving your sorry ass behind" I threatened as I walked up the stairs.