14. S for STEVE

"And I was wondering, who's chopping firewood at this hour" I said as I walked towards Steve who was busy chopping firewoods in our compound "saw these around, so thought why not chop them off" he wiped a sweat, he was perfectly perfect if even a thing like that existed no wonder he's captain America the hero of the people.

"Care for a lemonade?" I looked at him as he nodded "sure, why not".

"Where's Bruce by the way?" I questioned as I opened the door "actually he's out with Tony, somewhere" he replied.

"These two & their obsession, with work" I murmured as I opened the fridge.

"Yeah, they are geniuses...can't blame them for working too hard" he chuckled as he stood beside the fridge "you want with ice or without?" I asked.

"Well Mam, I'll take it from here" he smiled as he helped himself to a glass & poured the lemonade.

"Do you want something to snack?" I looked at him as he sipped from his glass "no thanks, where are the boys & your friend?"

"They went for a run" I responded as I grabbed an apple "so your all on your own" he looked at me.

"Yeah, not used to being on my own...after Ice & Jerry because one or the other always stay with me" I murmured "yeah, I see that...your good with pets" he smiled a bit.

"And so are you" I took a bite of the apple.

"Can I ask you a question, something personal?" He slowly asked "sure" I replied.

"You are actually a little young for Tony...so how did you actually meet?" He looked at me as I chuckled a bit "actually, I've known him since forever. My grams & his father were best friends back in the days & so Tony was always close to my family, we are like eight years apart...that's it".

"Really, that's interesting" he mumbled.

"So what's your story mr?" I asked.

"I was a loser back in the days, short & lean failed my military test four times until I found this kind doctor who decided to get me in & do this experiment on me. He along with Howard Stark made me into this person I'm today" he said.

"So your like a winter solider" I said slowly.

"You heard of that?" He asked curiously.

"I've eyes & ears, here & there" I answered.

"Well, I'm not shocked" he chuckled "yeah, kind of like a winter solider but not a killer".

"I know" I smiled a bit "so how was your past?"

"It was good, I had a girl named Peggy but I was under the ice for 70 years & now she's like your grams" he said slowly.

"I'm sorry, to hear that" I said gently.

"Things happens, we have to deal with it" he forced a smile as he poured himself another round of lemonade "you are really loving that, aren't you?" I chuckled as I walked towards the bar.

"It's refreshing" he said as I poured myself a pack of whiskey "care for a J?"

"I'm good with the lemonade" he murmured "and to be honest, I can't get drunk".