44. The years

"Jerry?"

I called as I searched for him with a packet of dog snacks "he's here" I heard Rhodey in the common area as I walked in & saw him on a leash as he wagged his tail, Tony was holding the other end of the leash he looked a little better than the last time I saw him but I couldn't see his eyes, he wore thick black glasses. Then I knew it, he came back to take Jerry away "thank you for taking care of him" he thanked me without any emotions, was he even thankful I couldn't tell?

"He's my boy too" I forced a smile, my heart was heavy I love Jerry because he was coco's boy & seeing him about to leave was breaking my already broken heart again but I couldn't keep him because he belonged to Tony as much as he belonged to Coco & with Tony, Jerry was happier after all he was Jerry's dad "here" Tony handed me his card as he walked out of the room along with Jerry as Rhodey followed. I looked down on the card & saw his name & number written I smiled a bit, he wanted me to come see Jerry & even though he was acting like a zombie right now deep down he still had a heart.

After Tony took Jerry away from the avengers facility, I also moved out from there & back to Malibu where Pepper & Ryan was. They really wanted to see me but I couldn't be there on time since I was caught up in New York, I explained to them what really happened before & after the snap & how it affected Tony. After we all got our lives settled again Ryan decided we should go & meet Tony, wherever he was residing because it has been long. Pepper wanted to join us but since baby Anthony was not doing quite well, she decided to stay back. It had been almost three years ever since the snap & the world had become a quiter & more remote place, me & Ryan headed to Atlanta where Tony was residing with Jerry & Gerald the alpaca. Ryan told me that Tony send Happy to Malibu to collect Gerald for him, Tony didn't want to return to Malibu after the snap because of the endless memories he shared with Coco.

"Do you wonder, why Atlanta?" Ryan asked as we headed towards Tony's residence, his house was away from the town in the woods.

"I guess because he & Coco never came here, or talked about this place...so maybe, he wants to reside in a place where time & again he wouldn't be reminded of her you know...he's already too broken" I said slowly as I adjusted my sunnies.

"Yeah" he sighed, even though Ryan didn't show it I could clearly see how heartbroken he was as well to lose his dad as well as his sister in a day. They were the only family he had but at least he had pepper & his son but for Tony it was really sad because his only dream & hope was Coco & now she's no more.

"Are we in the right place?" I asked curiously as I spotted a big lake "I guess so, the gps is showing this location" he murmured as he slowed down. In some minutes we spotted a double story lake house & I knew it in my heart, that's where Tony was. Ryan parked the car as we got down & gazed at the house "it's beautiful" I beamed "it is" Ryan smiled as we walked towards the main door, he took a deep breath as he pressed the door bell. We waited for tony anxiously, what if he didn't want to meet us? What if he never opens the door? "Should I press the bell once more?" He asked as I shook my head "if he's home, he would have seen us coming from miles away...he's Tony Stark for god sake" I chuckled a bit as Ryan nodded "makes sense". We stood there for a while looking at each other, we knew tony was inside & he could clearly see us because he will be having all these hi-tech cameras & security around like he always does "it's over five minutes" Ryan mentioned as he looked down on his watch.

"I remember that one time when Tony waited the entire night outside...even when it was storming" I told Ryan as he chuckled "really?"