42. The snap

From here onwards the story is going to continue in the POV of Cindy Luna aka coco's best friend.

***

Coco usually don't wear her over sized engagement rings at home while working in the kitchen, taking a bath or sleeping & as usual she has kept both her rings in her drawer as we both headed towards the kitchen to bake something to clear our minds especially her's because she was under so much stress & anxiety & even though she didn't show it, I could clearly see it was written all over her face. Jerry wagged his tail behind us as we entered the kitchen, she neatly tied her head up in a tight bun & slowly opened the fridge "I think we should make cupcakes for everyone, including my boy Jerry here" she beamed as she looked down on her pet. The way she looks at Jerry, that's pure love & compassion it's like Jerry is her son. She loved Ice the same but unfortunately Ice passed away at the age of 11 & Jerry was growing older everyday.

"Yeah, why don't you make the doggie cupcakes for Jerry & I'll make the human cupcakes for us all" I chuckled as she smirked "Are you trying to impress the men out here?"

"I guess" I winked, we were just playing around or in this moment of time no one in the right sense of mind had time to impress or flirt.

"Tony loves blueberry cupcakes, I guess we should make that" she beamed as she reached for the blueberries "for sure" I nodded as I gazed at her, she missed him & she thinks about him every single minute but she didn't show. She opened the pack of blueberries & tossed one or two into her mouth as she examined the package, I recalled the days when she & Tony finishes up a pack of blueberries before dinner because they were always snacking "if you keep tossing those inside your mouth, we will have to run to the super market any minute now" I joked as she looked at me & chuckled "I'm a bit hungry".

"When are you not?" I giggled as she mumbled "shut up" & emptied the pack of blueberries into a bowl.

"Boss" Happy walked into the kitchen as Coco looked at him "yeah?"

"I've news from Wa_ka_nan_da" he replied "it's Wakanda" I chuckled as Coco walked towards Happy "is it Tony?"

"No, Mam sorry...no news about Mr Stark" he held his head low as Coco's expression fell "oh!"

"But I've news about the others" he looked at her "yeah?" She was curious.

"I'm sorry to say this but Thanos army have infiltrated the country" he told her as she dropped the spoon in shock "What?" as I rushed towards her "Coco, you okay?"

"I'm really sorry Mam, but cap wanted you to know" his voice cracked as tears welled up her eyes as I hugged her tightly "it's okay, everything is going to be just fine".

"And Tony?" She asked again as Happy shook his head in sadness "I'm sorry Mam, there's no information" he wiped a tear as he excused himself & walked away.

"I need to see him Cindy" she cried as I wiped her tears "you will Coco, very soon".

"He's on space...will he ever come back? What if it's a one way ticket" she cried even more as tears began to well up my eyes as well "Coco, please stop you gotta be strong".

"Why haven't he even tried to reach me?"
she stammered as she wiped her tears "he will Coco, he will" I comforted her but in the back of my mind all the possible outcomes were flashing & I prayed for the best, I couldn't see my best friend like sister in such pain it kills me "here take a seat" I escorted her towards the sofa as she gently took a seat "Tony even survived the cave & a nuke & ultron...then what is space or Thanos" I reminded her.