45. The lake house

Me & Ryan had dinner on our own as Tony didn't join us, after he left for the basement with his mug of coffee he never returned. The chef told us, he was mostly like that on his own & he don't converse with people until it was a must. The next morning Ryan left for Malibu but I decided to stay back because I wanted to check on Tony like I promised Coco, I wanted to know that he's okay & he will be okay if any of that makes any sense. It was 10am in the morning & the maids arrived, there were five of them they all knew what to do as soon as they reached the house they started doing their works without a question. I walked outside & saw some men sweeping & cleaning around the compound, they all were in their own world going about with their works it was like they have been doing all these ever since tony had resided here. Then a lady walked in, she was well dressed & had red lips she stared at me for quite a while "sorry, I've never seen you here" she said with her sharp voice "I'm Jenna, the vet" she introduced herself.

"I'm Cindy, Tony's friend" I shook her hand "oh! I didn't know Mr Stark had a friend, he seemed like a loner" she sounded disappointed seeing me there.

"You still here?" I heard Tony voice behind me as I turned around, he was in the hallway & he looked like he hadn't had a minute of sleep "Yeah, I wanted to talk to you" I murmured as I walked towards him "I'm tired" he exhaled as he yawned a bit.

"I'm sure you are, you look fucked up" I folded my arms as Jenna walked towards us with a big smile "good morning Mr Stark".

"Good morning, Jerry is on the couch" he murmured as he walked upstairs towards the master bedroom "is Jerry sick?" I asked quite concerned.

"He's growing old so, he get his regular check ups" Jenna said as she walked towards the couch where Jerry was fast asleep, she checked him as she conversed with a lady in around her 70's with grey hair "excuse me?" I looked at the lady as she gazed towards me "yes, Mam?"

"You work here?" I asked curiously as she smiled "I'm the care taker".

"I haven't seen you yesterday" I was a bit surprised "Mam, I took a leave of two days...I just returned this morning" she said.

"Oh" I mumbled as Jenna faced me "you have been here since yesterday?"

"Yeah" I responded as she mumbled "quite odd".

"What?" I asked "nothing" she smiled, she was quite weird. I walked upstairs searching for Tony, he wasn't on the bed so he must be on the shower I sat there waiting for him as he walked out of the bathroom drying his hair with a towel "what are you doing here?"

"I just wanted to talk" I said slowly "I'm tired Cindy" he exhaled as he walked towards the bed & picked up the photo frame of Coco as he gazed at it, his eyes were fixed on it & he didn't even blink "you took that picture of hers?" I asked gently as he nodded "yeah, that very night at that hotel when I proposed to her for the second time" he began to smile as if he recalled the incident & that was the very first time after a very long time, I saw Tony Stark smiling.

"Wow!" I mumbled as he gently kept the photo frame down & sat on the bed.

"Mr Stark?" We heard Jenna calling as she walked up the stairs "in here" Tony called as Jenna stood by the door "if by any chance Jerry shows any sign of weakness, he would be needing drips".

"Is he okay?" Tony grew concerned "he's fine Mr Stark...it's just that he's old" she said.

"I know that" he huffed as I could see the tension in his face "Jenna, let's talk downstairs" I called as we made our way downstairs "is he okay?" She asked quite concerned.