5. Toy soldiers

"Is this normal?" Cindy asked as she stood in front of the big 20 foot tall bunny in the living area, the bunny I had mistaken for a dog.

"Yes, it's totally normal" I murmured as I walked down the stairs.

"Tony" she stated as I looked at her "then who else, do you think?"

"I like what you have done with the house" she said as she gazed at the fireplace & the Christmas tree besides it.

"Tony did, I've no time for these decorations you know" I muttered as I she nodded "you have been busy, I know"

"You brought the car?" I asked "yeah" she replied.

"I'm just taking those bags, I've already send Ice & Jerry away as well as some trunks" I said slowly as I picked up my purse.

"Okay, I'll drop these in the car while you go & get Tony" she smiled a bit as she went & picked up my bags as I nodded & walked downstairs "Tony?" I called as I entered the garage & he was busy with his holograms as usual "flight plan for Tennessee" he murmured as he sat on top of the table.

"Tony" I called him once more as he turned around "babe, didn't see you coming".

"How will you, you are really busy here" I muttered "Anything?" He asked.

"Yeah, Cindy is here & we are leaving" I replied.

"Leaving where?" He questioned.

"I told you already" I mentioned.

"I can't protect you out there babe, we are not leaving" he said.

"You gave our home address to a terrorist & you want to stay here, are you insane" I reminded him.

"But we are safe here, with my suits" he told me.

"Tony you are being delusional, staying here in this mansion we are not even safe for a second" I folded my arms.

"Babe, you are over reacting" he said.

"Over reacting, you are the one who fucked this up when I warned you not to...Tony do you even care about me & my feelings? I guess not cos you always do what I tell you not to" I yelled as I walked out of the garage "babe" he followed me.

"You have a visitor" Cindy looked at us as we walked into the living area.

"Jarvis, I told you to keep the area in total lockdown didn't I" Tony yellec as Jarvis responded "SIR, THER'S ONLY SO MUCH THAT I CAN DO".

"Hi, I'm Maya Hansen" the woman introduced herself as Tony said "she's a botanist".

"It's nice to see you Maya, but we are leaving" I said as she Cindy came forward "do you know choppers are all over your mansion".

"Don't tell me there's a 12 year old in the back of your car" Tony tried his best to whisper.

"No & he's 13 by the way" Maya responded as Cindy looked at me "is she?" as I shook my head "I just don't want to know, we need to leave now".

"Yeah, we all should have this conversation somewhere else" Maya added.

"No, we are not going anywhere" Tony yelled.

"Tony, this is how normal people behave" I said as Maya eyes caught the big bunny "is that normal?" She asked as tony yelled at her "yes, it's a big bunny deal with it...I brought it for coco".

I frowned "stop talking about the bunny & let's leave" as Tony looked at me "babe, I got that for you as a Christmas gift...you don't like it? You want me to return it? I just blasted the wall to bring that bunny in, you forgot".

"I know, but I didn't ask for a bunny & I didn't tell you to blast the walls" I looked at him.

"I asked you three times & you said yes, I liked it" he told me.

"Tony, let's forget about the bunny & move" I muttered as I grab hold of his hand as Maya looked on the screen "Are you guys seeing this?"

"Let's just leave" I said as Cindy nodded & walked towards the door but before none of us could walk out, we heard a loud bang & the walls began to collapse we were hit & everything was falling in slow motion as I saw us all flying in different directions, Tony was quick enough to send his suit on me & in no time I was wearing one of his suits "what the hell" I muttered as I found myself inside the iron armour.

"MAM, YOU NEED TO GET OUT OF THIS STRUCTURE" Jarvis told me as I nodded, how do I even function in this suit I've no idea.

"Babe, get them & get out" Tony yelled from the other side as I looked at him in dilemma "stop, stopping & just get out" he yelled louder as I nodded & grabbed Maya & Cindy & walked towards the door, everything was moving & people were shooting at us from the choppers I felt like a tortoise in that suit & I didn't know how to use the laser beam & so by mistake I used it in the wrong direction & the three of us were tossed out of the mansion onto the driveway "Tony" I catch my breath as I looked at the structure collapsing & choppers shooting at it, then the next second the suit came off & flew off to Tony thankfully as the three of us raced towards the road for safety, we could see three choppers & one was down but when the second one went down it hit the mansion & everything started falling, I stopped & froze "Tony".

"We got to move" Cindy looked at me as I shook my head "no, Tony's inside" as I ran towards the collapsing structure as a chopper flew away. I stood there at the driveway & looked at the mansion, everything was gone it was like nothing ever stood there & there was no sign of Tony I fell down on the my knees & cried. I couldn't take it anymore, the life that Tony choose & the price we had to pay for that who knew one day we would even see this day.

***

Like the collapsing ironman mansion, my life is even crashing 😑 WP is the only thing keeping me sane(: