Chapter 19 - The Shooting Range

Start from the beginning

I chuckle lightly and pull the gun back up into position. "You're tense in your shoulders. That's why you can't aim properly." I press on his shoulders, moving them down. I rubbed circles into them until I felt the tension disappeared. "Breathe. Calm down. I promise it's not that hard."

He closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. His fingers shifted lightly. I smiled when I saw a more relaxed hold too. I go over to the computer and move the target a little closer. There were a couple bullet holes in it, but it was mostly unused. I noticed that the paper target with my 'F U' shot into it was hanging on the wall. I hummed in amusement. My attention then goes back to Jimin.

"Aim at the center first. I wouldn't close an eye because, while that may remove double vision, you're not going to want to get rid of any vision in an actual fight." I step behind him, seeing where he was aiming. "Use the little notch at the front of the gun. Line it up with where you want to shoot."

He adjusted a little, bringing his arms up. "Anything else to critique?"

I glance at him and notice the hairs on the nape of his neck are standing up. "No." I click the safety off and step back. "Fire when you're ready."

The shot of the gun rings in my ears in the next moment. He'd done much better than the first time I'd seen him. He hit near the center, but he was still very off. Practice was the only thing that could fix that, though.

"Here, let me try something," I offer, stepping closer again.

He was about to hand me the gun when I shake my head. I signal for him to lift it again. He does, and I start fixing his position a little. I change the angle of his legs, the slight tilt of his head, and I rest my hands on his. I could feel how they shook slightly under mine. I press my body to his to more accurately aim. Our bodies fit together really well. I shake my head instead of going down that route.

"Breathe slowly. Get as calm as you can."

His lips parted slightly as he started breathing slow, the pace of a killing calm. It was good. I put my fingertips to his wrists.

"Relax these but keep them firm. Don't grip the gun too hard." I then put my finger over his on the trigger. There was barely enough space without firing, but it fit. "Alright, fire on the count of three. One… two… three."

The gun kicked back the moment the bullet fired, and he hit the center of the target. We disengaged our bodies to admire the perfect circle. The soft smile on his face told me that was the best shot he'd ever done. He looks down at the gun in his hands, then his eyes slide up to me.

"I've never been able to hit exactly where I aimed."

"Well, you just did it," I hum. "Though, while you'll definitely need to keep practicing, I have something better in mind for tomorrow."

I go over to the gun rack, scanning my eyes over it. I bite my lip as I search. There were a lot of rifles used for distance, no doubt Taehyung's. They wouldn't work for Jimin. He wouldn't be lying down and shooting from afar. There were a lot of pistols and revolvers too. They wouldn't work until Jimin practiced more. There were even some semi automatics, but they're still not what I was looking for.

Jimin comes over. "What are you looking for?"

I huff before my eyes finally land on one. "This."

He gives me a confused look. I feel a little proud to finally not be the person confused. Sure, I didn't know all guns by name, but I knew this one. It was one of my favorites just to shoot.

I hold it out. "A twelve gauge shotgun. It'll work perfectly for you tomorrow."

He takes the heavy gun in his hands. "It has some weight to it." He seems to approve. "What's so good about it?"