Chapter 10 - Recovery

Start from the beginning

"Do I get any painkillers?" Jimin asks, clearly offended. "For my still bruised dick?"

Jin scoffs and takes the water back. "You'll be fine."

I can't help but laugh a little. The glare he gives me could burn a hole through metal, and I find myself laughing more.

"I hope it still works," I say, almost as a way to offer condolences.

"It better," he growls before walking out.

Jin bursts into laughter the moment Jimin leaves. "You guys have the best dynamic I've ever seen. I can't wait until you're both healed enough to spar."

"Spar?"

He grins. "Spar."

~~~~~

Recovery took a few days. It mostly consisted of me sitting in my room, which actually wasn't the room I woke up in. Their fancy rooms were huge, to the point I was actually a little uncomfortable. It was too much space. The carpet was suspiciously fluffy. The bed was so soft that it felt like I was sleeping in a cloud. The blankets felt like heaven. I would simply put my head on the pillow and fall asleep. It was foreign. All of it was. I got help whenever my shoulder ached too much and accidentally made a sound. Jin was very attentive, making sure the stitches were still good until their eventual removal. Then he would lecture me every morning about not ripping the fragile skin. Whenever Jin was too busy with my wounds, Jungkook would cook delicious ramen. There'd be times, when we'd finish early, Jin would help Jungkook and I'd watch. They were efficient and didn't waste any energy while flipping the noodles and eggs with chopsticks. When Yoongi would come back late with Hoseok, he'd bring leftover sushi from the restaurant for us to eat. He'd pretend he didn't care, but I could see the secret happiness on his face when the members complimented him. Taehyung was also really attentive to me, making sure I didn't strain my shoulder too much. Namjoon would illegally stream movies for us to watch (despite being rich).

Every night, it got more difficult to remind myself that I couldn't trust them. They made it so easy to want to.

I pull a shirt over my head, ignoring even when my shoulder ached. I had asked Taehyung if he'd allow me to practice my knife throwing and shooting skills, and he managed to get me approved to practice with him and Jungkook. Jimin gave his opinion that it was stupid to give me not one, but two weapons, but everyone ignored him. I felt oddly satisfied with that. I walked out of my room and bumped into Jimin. Not metaphorically. I slammed into him, mad when I felt how solid his body was in comparison to mine.

"What are you doing here?"

"I'm not letting you go shooting without someone there to beat the shit out of you."

I scoff, not even dignifying him with an answer. I go towards where Taehyung told me the shooting range was. Jimin's footsteps follow behind me, and part of me is tempted to stop walking just so he'd bump into me. I keep going, though, a part of me missing the feeling of a gun in my hand. I push open the door into the shooting range just as a bullet discharges. My ears ring slightly, no longer used to it.

"That's not fair," I hear Jungkook whine. "You're still a better shot."

I watch as Taehyung laughs and sets his gun down. "I'm a little older and have had more practice."

Jungkook takes the gun and shoots the target, my ears ringing yet again. "It's not fair!"

Their dynamic was like that of a couple.

"Don't say anything about it," Jimin whispers.

I don't.

Taehyung looks over at me with a smile. He gestures to all of the guns laid out on the table in front of him. "Which would you like to start with?"

I take a small pistol. I look it over and squeeze at the grip. It felt good in my hand. I make sure there's multiple clips in front of me before I start firing on the target. I empty one clip and immediately load another in a moment. After emptying the second, I set my gun down.

Jimin laughs. "Did you hit anything correctly?"

I point at the target. "Look again."

The big letters 'F U' were shot into the paper.

His mouth opens to say something, but no sound comes out. Taehyung and Jungkook start laughing. I felt like smiling, but the empty hole of distrust still sat in my stomach. It wiped all feelings of smiling away. My eyes downcast, landing on all the guns. It'd be so easy to do everything I wanted to do. There were the perfect supplies right in front of me. Did I want to complete the job? Did I want to depend on them to leave the life?

Jimin picks up a gun and shoots at the target. His shots are everywhere, and I can tell that he isn't the best shot. Taehyung and Jungkook laugh harder.

I end up leaving the shooting range.