"Ohh. Yes, I forgot! You didn't do anything. How foolish of me. You know what, Nova. I think I'm going to find myself a nice girl. Then we come back here and it's okay because I'll be thinking about you all the time."

Her chest rises and falls with shaky breaths. I have never seen so much pain in her expression as I do now. I know I sound condemnatory and I also know that I'm being a jerk. But she hurt me deeply. Out of all the guys in L.A, it had to be with the one guy I can't stand at all. From his arrogant smirk to the way he lets his eyes linger on Nova. He oozes everything I can't stand. And now he had his filthy hands on her and God knows what more.

We jumped from absolute joy into hurt and back to joy. Just to be ripped apart minutes later.

"Nova, please leave. I cant deal with this right now. My mind is a mess and I can't...... I can't have you and you're destructive way of thinking around me. It's too much."

She clings onto me the moment I rise from the bed. Desperation written all over her face. "No, Matt. I'm done with the demons. You're the reason I can put them to rest. You helped me heal my messed-up mind and I know you don't owe me anything, but please don't make me leave. You can be mad at me, scream at me. Matt, We can work this out."

"Nova, I'm begging you. Please, leave."

"No! I'm here. I want to fight for us. I'm not leaving you, not again."

I close my eyes to stay calm and take a few deep breaths before gently pushing her off me. She slumps down on her knees. Her teared up face staring up at me. It's killing me the way she looks at me, devastated.

"If you're not willing to leave, I will. Just be gone when I come back."

She folds her hands before her face and I leave her there, alone, crying uncontrollably and begging me not to leave her.

I slam the door on my way out and immediately the door next to my apartment opens." Matt, what the heck... " Chriss stops mid-sentence seeing the state I'm in and he leads me into his without saying another.

I can hear her cry when he sits me down in his living room. Please, stop Nova! Chriss hands me a glass of water and takes a seat across me. "Wanna tell me what happened? I could hear you scream through the walls."

I let some water slide down my throat to ease the burn. "She's pregnant."

"And... It's not yours?" He asks very carefully.

I give him a torn smile. "It's mine." At least that's what I have to believe.

No, don't be like that, matt. She never lied to you.

He scratches his forehead. "You're not happy with it? I thought you wanted to have kids with her."

Yeah, he's tight. I really wanted that. "She a... I tried to sleep with someone else, to get over me."

He frowns. "Wait, tried. How do you try that?"

"She said she couldn't do it. That she kept on thinking about me."

He nods and forms an oh with his mouth. "Okay, that sucks. But she didn't do it, Matt."

I don't care if she did or not. She knows I hate his freaking guts. "It was with Dallas."

You can hear a pin drop. His mouth is ajar and one eyebrow is raised. "Oh, Damm!"

You can say that, yes. I close my eyes and lean my head in my hands. Why, Nova. Why with him.

Chriss clears his throat. "What are you going to do?"

"I don't know, Chriss. If been waiting for someone like her my whole life. She took a piece of my heart and I never thought that we could fall apart. But now? I never thought she would do something like this."