Choking

Nova

The room is spinning around me. I know I'm on the couch but I feel like I'm drowning. My ears don't pick up anything other than the mess that forms in my brain.

I try to formulate a sentence. Hell, I even try to find a single word but my mind won't connect and put letters behind each other.

Hands wrap around my face and I hiss at the contact. The burning sensation increases the nauseous feeling in the back of my throat and cold sweat forms on my back.

Everything is a blur and I feel my eyes getting heavy. I see lips move from the person holding my face but I can't make out who it is or what it says. White noise takes over and I feel myself slip into nothingness.

*

My head is pounding and the first thing I feel is the bile in the back of my throat.

I'm gonna throw up. Bathroom, I need a bathroom.

I try to get up, but my body feels heavy and not willing to do what my brain tells it to. I grunt at the unwillingness and try to turn to my side before my stomach empties itself lying on my back.

Body turn!

I feel the bile rise and I'm panicking. I can't hold it anymore and cough to push the vomit out. It isn't working and I feel myself choke. The feeling is terrifying and the sound disgusting.

I never thought I would die choking on my vomit. I guess Dean finally got what he wanted. I didn't die under his hands throwing and punching me like a rag doll. It must be satisfying for him when he finds out I killed myself panicking about him.

Suddenly, I hear a deep voice and a jerk at my arm, turning my body. I try to take deep breaths when my mouth is empty, but the thickness of my vomit hangs in my throat and makes me sicker. A second wave comes out and I'm choking further, feeling the pressure building up inside my head.

Multiple voices reach my ears. I hear crying and panic. I wish my head would just burst and take me out of my misery.

I expect a third wave, but nothing comes. My breathing rattles do through the remains in my throat and two strong hands pull me up. I'm not able to support my head and it snaps back as soon I'm pulled up straight. Another cry echos through the air.

"Help me." I hear the same deep voice say and feel a body behind me. It's supporting me to sit up straight and holding my head.

Jeez, people just let me. I want to sleep. Let me sleep. Just a minute, or maybe five.

"Babe, please open your eyes. "It's a desperate beg, but all I want is to keep them closed and drift away.

"We need to call 911!" A female voice sobs. "She is slipping away."

The person behind me grips my face harder and I hiss.

"Do that again" I hear the deep voice say.

"No! I'm hurting her. I won't do that."

I hear a deep growl. "She needs to gain consciousness. Just do it!"

"Sorry Angel, I'm sorry." It's barely audible.

I want to argue but the grip tightens before I'm able. My eyes snap open at the burning pain it's causing, looking into the blue ones I have drowned into more than I can count.

"Matt." My voice cracks and his face goes from concerned to relief.

He brings a glass of water to my mouth. "Drink babe." Making me take small sips. The hands on my face finally lose their grip. I feel drained and slump against the person sitting behind me.