Reaven

Nova

"Good morning, may I have a Matcha green tea latte and an iced caramel cloud macchiato, please?"

"Name's?" He mumbled without looking at me.

"Nova and Dallas"

"You can pay at the checkout."

"Thank you! Lacing my voice with dripping sarcasm. He got out on the wrong side of the bed.

Staring at the busy street I wait for the beverages. The last week Dallas acted a bit off, he didn't call me Angel once and I know it shouldn't bug me, but it did!

He is my buddy and I want us to have our friendship back to normal. Like it was before I made the mistake to let him drive to Matt and ask him if he was still in love with me.

He must think you have a really big ego, noov.

That evening I promised him I will be a better friend. I don't think I lived up to that promise in the past weeks.

Christmas is only two weeks away and I don't want to end this year with the thought that he feels taken for granted.

So my first piece offer is Starbucks.

"Order! uhh. Miss star and Mister cowboy?"

Oh, haha. Real funny. My eyes turn into slits and I scrunch my nose at the barista, mouthing funny fucker.

All eyes are turned my way as I fetch my order. Walking out, I give the barista one more evil glare. He returns it with a wide grin.

Ohhh, like I want to go back and throw my tea in his stupid face.

*
The elevator stops and I walk optimistic through the office plan. Stopping in my tracks when a girl with black hair sits on my chair. She sits with her back to me, but I'm sure I never saw her here.

I want to gag when I hear her giggle and see her touch Dallas's arm. Oh boy, no problem with flirting on the work floor, do you? Dallas seems to enjoy the attention.

She twirls a lock of hair between her fingers and my eyes land on her arm. There is a tattoo sleeve with roses on it and Dallas noticed it too.

I huff in annoyance. But why? He is free to flirt.
He doesn't belong to me. I should be happy for him. There is seriously something wrong with me.

Suddenly Dallas's eyes lock with mine and he gives me a little smile. "Morning Angel."

Now, he decides to call me by my nickname. I'm pouting I think. She turns her head to look at me, but I keep my gaze on him.

Pretty sure he did it on purpose. He told me hard to get is his game. That nickname must send her a weird feeling and the look on my face helps too, standing like an idiot in the middle of the office plan with my peace offer.

Get over yourself, Nova!

I manage to pull my glued feet off the floor and walk towards them

"Good morning, Dallas" I give him the macchiato and turn toward the girl.

When I look into her ice-blue eyes, my legs get wobbly and a shiver runs from the top to the bottom of my spine.

Those eyes, that black hair. No! No Nova. Pull yourself together. This is just a coincidence. There are millions of people with black hair and... eyes.