Chapter Fifty~Two: Run

Jaylein pov

"We staying here?" I asked Jason as he parked at some abandoned house.

"Yeah baby." He told me then climbed out the car.

On the way here I didn't see any other house, no person, or no gas station of any sort. He opened my door and unhooked me from the cuff and shit then grabbed me by my hair making me get out the car. My hands were still cuffed in front of me but I wasn't hooked to anything else.

He held my forearm as he closed the back seat door. He wasn't holding it tight so I took a deep breath then ran. "Jj!" He yelled as I ran for the woods.

I then heard him trailing behind me and I picked up my speed. It was hard to run without your arms it's hard to keep balance.

"Jaylein!" I heard Jason yell again then soon later gun shots started flying my way.

I screamed when the first one flew by me but that didn't stop me. I turned to look back quickly which was a bad idea because I slowed down.

I was bare feet and pregnant and getting out of breath but I knew I had to make it out of here. The next bullet went across my arm causing me to squeal in pain but I still didn't stop running.

After a few more minutes my legs started to burn and I was gasping for air. I didn't hear the gun shots nor him yelling my name.

I kept running until I made it to a road. I looked both ways as the sun beamed down on me. After picking going left I started to walk.

I looked back to make sure he wasn't following me and then proceeded my walk. My feet hurt and so did my legs and arm, and back. I needed to sit down and drink some water as soon as possible.

I seen a Silver Toyota coming my way and I lifted up my cuffed hands and waved them. The car then pulled over a few feet back and then a person emerged from the car. The person placed there hand on there forehead to block the sun's glare and I walked up a little more to see them.

"Sra. ¿Estás bien?" She asked me walking over to me. ("Ms. Are u ok?")

She was about my height. Dark colored hair tan skin tone and probably late 30's and she was wearing scrubs.

"Yo necesito llegar a casa, ¿puedo usar tu teléfono?" I asked her as she put her hand on my shoulder. ("I need to get home, can I use your phone?")

"Sí." She told me and waved me over to her car.

We walked back and she opened the passenger door for me and I climbed in a little nervous. She closed my door and walked over to her driver side and climbed in. "Do you speak English?" I asked her.

"Lil." She said with a think accent. "What happened you?" She asked me as she gave me her phone then reached in the back seat.

"I've was took away about 3 months ago from my husband and kids." I told her and she nodded then held up her scarf from the back seat and I let her tend to my arm.

"You go hospital." She told me as I dialed Chris number.

The phone rung a few times and then he answered. "Hello?" He had a confused tone.

"Baby." I said. "Im in key west." I told him.

"Where baby?" He asked eagerly.

"I'm on my way to the hospital." I told him. "What's it called?" I asked her.

"Lower keys." She replied and I told him.

"Ight baby I'll be there as fast as I can." He told me.

...

A little later after I talked to Chris, I learned that my driver name is Monica. Shes from here and she 37, and a single parent.

"Umm took you?" She asked me with her broken English.

"My ex husband."'I told her and she nodded.

"You Kay now sweetie nothing hurt you." She told me and I smiled at her a little as she continued to drive.

"Thank you." I told her.

After about 7 minutes we pulled up to the hospital and she parked in the front. "Stay." She instructed me. She got out the car and walked up to doors and they opened automatically and she walked in. Few seconds later she came out with a wheel chair.

She opened my door and helped me into it then shut the door and rolled me into the emergency room. "She pregnant and beat." Monica told them as they took me away.

As they rushed me down the hall I became light headed my eyes then slowly shut and everything went black.

...

Chris pov

"Have a good day." The toll security told me and I sped off. According to the GPS I'm only a few minutes away and I'm so anxious to see my baby.

"Damn bro." Red said from the passenger seat.

I smacked my lips at his response and kept driving.

After about another hour I pulled up to the hospital. I pulled right in front and climbed out. "Park the car." I told them before shutting the door.

I jogged inside the hospital. The first thing that I saw was nurses running all over the place followed by screams and shit which put me in a panic. I walk to the reception desk and spoke. "What room is Jaylein Brown in?" I asked her and she typed on the computer.

"I don't have a Jaylein Brown." She told him them looked up at me.

"Jaylein Jones?" I asked. She typed then looked at me and shook her head no. "This lower Keys hospital She here man." I said getting frustrated.

"Sir according to my computer she's not here." She said as Trey and Red walked up.

"Wassup bro?" Red asked me.

"They trying to tell me she not here!" I told them slamming my hand on the desk.

"Bro chill we go find her." Trey told me.

...