Chapter Thirteen: Didn't Do It

Chris pov

Once gun shots started people stared screaming and shit but my first thought was my kids. I pushed them on to the floor along with faith and Jaylein's mom I shield my kids with my body as the shots just kept coming at a rapid speed until they came to a stop.

I slowly stood up just like everyone else and saw red getting off a Jaylein Who then ran over and bent down and checked the kids. "Are y'all ok?" She asked them while she took Royalty out my arms who was crying. She kissed her over and over then did the same to Maurice the faith. "Y'all ok?" She asked her mom, me, Trey and them and they nodded.

...

"Who would do some shit like that?" Jaylein asked as I drove. "They put my fucking kids life in danger and everyone in there." She ranted.

"I'm mad as hell to but we not go do this in front of the kids Jj." I told her.

I'm just as mad as she is, but I'm not finna show that in front of my kids. I have a feeling I know who did the bull shit and it got me thinking.

I'm pretty sure they was after me and ended up putting my whole family in danger, Ion wanna keep doing that I need to get out before Jaylein and my kids have to show up to my funeral or see me threw bulletproof glass or some shit.

I can let my niggas run this shit, but for the sake of my kids I got to get out. I got my clothing line and club to lean on so doing this street shit gotta go. And I been thinking of opening up other Solon for Jaylein.

...

I walked into Royalty room to check on her and she was still knocked out like she was before I got in the shower. I shut her door and walked downstairs where Jaylein and Reece was watching TV. Well Reece was Jaylein was on the phone.

I walked over to the couch and sat next to Reece. "Imma call you back." Jaylein said to whoever she was on the phone with.

"Who was that?"

"Bernice." She said whole dropping the phone in her lap.

"I gotta holla at you for a second." I told her.

"Reece go upstairs and play." She told him and he looked at me for an answer.

"What yo mom just say?" I asked him raising my eyebrow at him. He hopped off the couch and headed up the stairs with a little attitude. "So I think I know who did that shit."

"Who?" She asked with a confused look.

"Jason." I told her and she chuckled and shook her head.

"Are you just saying that because you want it to be him?" She asked me and I sighed.

She pissed me off with that dumb ass question. "It makes sense Jj, that nigga was mad cuh I was there so he did this shit." I told her and she shook her head and got up off the couch. "So you don't believe me?"

"Nope." She said while making her way to the kitchen so I followed.

"So you think I gotta lie on this, how the fuck is that benefiting ma ass?!" I yelled at her.

"Lower yo damn voice! And I'm not saying you wrong I just think you should look into it before we start pointing fingers." She said shrugging. "I married him chris I know him, I know what he's capable of doing." She added on while she washed her hands.

"And you would of never thought he was capable of doing what he did to you." I told her and it took her by surprise making her just look at me. "You probably not even the only one." I continue with a chuckle. "I'll be back."

...

Jaylein pov

After checking on my mom and faith and Bernice and the rest of my family that was at the funeral I started dinner.

"Ma where dad go?" Reece asked me walking in the kitchen as I made dinner.

"Out baby why wassup?" I asked him while turning around and faced him.

"Just wanted to know." He said with a smile and I heard roro cry threw the monitor causing me to look over at the screen that showed her room.

I sighed while turning off the stove and oven then washed my hands. "Go get ready for dinner pook." I told him drying my hands off.

I headed upstairs and into her room to see her standing up holding herself up. "Hey mommas baby." I told her with a smile and she stopped crying and looked at me. I really wish Chris ain't but her to sleep so early now she go be up all night and guess who finna be up with her. Her damn daddy.

I checked to see if she was wet as she held on tight to my shoulder. Once I noticed she was I went over to her changing station and stared taking care of it. When I was done the door bell rung.

Damn chris ain't lock the gate.

"Mom!" I heard Reece yell from downstairs and I sighed, grabbed roro who is now dry and headed downstairs.

I sat roro in her play pin and looked at Reece playing his game. "Didn't I tell you get ready for dinner? Yo ass got school tomorrow go shower and get back down here to eat little boy." I told him making my way to the door and he huffed and puffed pausing his game. I open the door and saw Jason which sent me for a loop. "Fuck you doing here?"

"I wanted to check on you after all that shit that happed at the funeral, I talked to one of chris friends and he told me what happed, the kids good?" He asked with a sincere face. I slowly nodded as I leaned against the door. "Look baby I'm sorry." He told him. "I know-"

"Jason you should go." I told him cutting him off.

"Jaylein you gotta give me a chance to talk to you and fix this baby please." He begged me as my eyes started to gloss up.

"Did you shoot up my sister funeral?" I asked me and he smacked his lips and squinted his eyes.

"Are you for real Jj, that nigga got you thinking that?" He asked me. "Maybe he had something to do with that shit, you know me."

"I know him too Jason." I told him.

"Naw I ain't do it." He said. "Let me come in and talk to you" He asked me and I shook my head no.

...