Chapter Twenty~Seven: Safe

The next day (April 3rd)

Chris pov

I talked to trey and Red and told them what happened and he agreed that we put Bernice and her kids and Jaylein and my kids into the safe house we got when we found out about my mom and Dave and all this. I feel like it's only go get worst from here.

Jaylein pov

Me and Chris picked up the kids and now we are on our way home. "Mommy you ok?" Reece asked me from the back seat.

I looked at him and flashed him a small smile and nodded. "Yeah baby don't worry." I told him. I looked at Chris and he was looking at me with a worried look then turned back to look at the road. "Your hair cut is nice man." I told my son and he smiled. "How yo arm?" I asked him.

"Good I didn't take my medicine today."

"Ight when we got home you'll take it." I told him as Chris pulled up to the house.

"Ight listen." Chris said putting the car in park. "Imma need you to go in the house and pack up everything you can, grab the important shit first then anything else, I'll grab the kids stuff."

"Wait why where we going?" I asked him.

"Somewhere safe." He told me.

"What about Reece school and -"

"Jaylein trust me I got all this shit under control just work with me baby."

I nodded and we got out the car with the kids. Once we got in the house I did everything Chris told me. Once he was done getting the kids stuff he got some of his.

"Where exactly are we going?" I asked him.

"Jaylein what did I say in the car?" He asked me and I sighed.

"Ight can you at least tell me about Reece school my shop-"

"Jaylein!" He yelled and jumped a little. "I told you I need you to trust me."

"I do but as a parent I need you to tell me." I said as my tears started coming. "I need you to tell me."

"Why?!" He yelled at me.

"Because Chris I need you to!" I yelled.

"Why?!"

"Chris I feel like the biggest failure!" I yelled at him as the tears feels. "I let my baby die!" I yelled at him.

"Shh, the kids." He said closing the door.

"My baby died protecting me and I was the one that was supposed to be protecting it." I said whipping my tears.

Chris came over and grabbed me and pulled me into a hug. "I understand."

"No you not!" I yelled pushing him away. "You didn't know about it, you weren't carry it, you weren't attached, you don't know how it feels to have someone who is apart of you snatched away!" I yelled at him.

"I don't Jaylein!?" I asked her. "I almost lost yo ass!" I yelled at her. "And that's my fucking fault, no matter what nobody says it's mine, I got you into this shit and not only did you have to get stitches in your head and you lost OUR baby, not just YOURS, but OURS, I could of lost both of y'all!" He yelled as his eyes watered. "So yeah I'm hurt that Our baby gone but I thank god that you still here." He told me and pulled me into a hug as I cried into his chest.

...

Chris drove as I looked out the window and observed everything, it looked like the country side of Atlanta and ironically that song Old Town Road came on "Anit this some shit." I chuckled to myself.

"What?" He asked turning it up as Reece started singing and dancing to it.

"Ridin on a tractor Lean all in my bladder
Cheated on my baby You can go and ask her
My life is a movie Bull ridin and boobies
Cowboy hat from Gucci Wrangler on my booty, can't nobody tell me nothing!" He sung

"Lil nigga what you know about some damn lean?" Chris asked him

"At school the boys was talking bout they auncles and stuff be getting lit off it."

"What the fuck." I said as Chris started dying laughing. "I told you we shouldn't have sent him to that school." I told Chris shaking my head and laughing a little.

"Yes we should of we not finna send him to a white ass stuck up private school." He said as he kept his eyes on the road.

About another 30 minutes later I was sleep.

...

I woke up hearing royalty crying. I sat up and looked around and all I saw was trees and a big ass house. Chris was nowhere to be found, I turned around and looked at Royalty and her brother.

"Stop crying roro!" Reece yelled at her.

"Reece stop yelling at her and give her the sippy cup." I told him sighing as he did what I told him to do shutting her right up. "Where yo dad?" I asked him.

"He took our bags inside that house." I said pointing to it. "Are we moving?" He asked me and I sighed and looked at the big ass house who had Chris walking out of it.

"Just for a little while baby we'll move back soon." I told him.

"Ma you know I'm not a 'baby' right." He said and I looked at him and admired him. "Come on I'm almost 6, imma real nigga." He said and I smacked my lips and pushed him back down into his seat causing him to laugh.

"God you act and look just like your daddy." I said chuckling as Chris opened the driver seat door.

"I unloaded everything y'all can come in." He said.

I got out and grabbed Royalty and followed Chris and Reece to the house. "Bernice and Trey go be here to we all is." He told me and I nodded as we approached the door.

"5282511, that's the code." Chris whispered to me as he typed it in and the door unlocked leading us into a hallway like box. "Give me your hand." He told me and I looked at him weird but did it.

He typed something out and placed my hand on a screen and it scanned it. "Processed." A machine women voice said and opened another door.

We walked in together and the door shut behind us automatically and locked. "Only me, you, Trey Red and Bernice are able to unlock that door to get in and out same for the back door." He told me as I sat Royalty down. "Remember that code don't tell anyone and don't write it down anywhere, you understand?" He said me and I nodded. "I told Your mom and Tiffany to run the shop while we're here, I'll take Reece to school and stay in town when he is, if you need or want anything let me know and I'll go get it, ion want you or Royalty to leave this house anything you need or want is here Ight." I slowly nodded and he pecked my lips. "Trey should be pulling up in a minute so imma go outside and help him with the kids and shi."

"Ok."

...