Chapter Forty~Nine: Rehad

1 month later (August 11th)
Chris pov

I took a long drag of my 8th blunt today and sat back in my chair. At this point I'm not even smoking to get high, I'm smoking to forget about the shit that's going around in my life.
My wife is still gone and I have no idea of how to find her, Jason, Bernice, or August.

"Yo C you gotta slow down." Trey told me taking my blunt out my hands.He sat next to me in his chair and looked at me. "Look man." He said and put my blunt out. "You been smoking like crazy, Ian been sleeping or eating." He said and I sighed and threw my head back. "Look at you man, you gotta get right if you wanna find her." He told me.

"Trey, I cant tho." I told him and my eyes began to water. "I can't find her!" I screamed at him. "She's been gone for 3 fucking month!" I yelled again and stood up. "I can't do this shit!" I yelled once more then sat down and cried.

Trey just sat there then rubbed and patted my back making me looking up and covered my face. "C you can man, we go find her Ight." He told me. "You know why we go find her?" He questioned. "Because you promised the kids." He reminded me. "Use yo kids as motivation bro." He told me.

I whipped my face and looked at him. "It ain't that easy man." I said grabbing my blunt again.

I lit it up and pulled it to my mouth and took a puff. When the smoke filled my lungs my choked on it and more then normal. I started patting my chest and gasping as Trey helped. "C bro breath." He said as I struggled. "C!" He yelled as I hit the floor. "Yo!" Was the last thing I hard before everything went black.

...

Jaylein pov

Jason Laid with his head on my stomach as I laid looking up at the ceiling. August told him like I thought he was but I'm showing now so it's not like I could of hide it that long. "We should make him a Jr." He told me with a smile.

Like I said I know that the baby isn't Jason for sure but he doesn't want to believe that. But we both know that he never cam in me and that his soldiers doesn't march all that well. "Jason it's not yours." I told him and he sat up and looked at me fast. He pulled out his gun and placed it on my stomach and I just looked at him.

"What?" He asked me and I looked down at his gun then back at him.

I took a deep breath and spoke. "Nothing." I said. He smiled at me and laid back down.

"So like I was saying, we make him a Jr." He continued. He don't even know the gender, I don't even know. "Well if it's a boy. But before he get here I'm thinking we go to Puerto Rico." He said catching me by surprise. "We can take a boat, I got a friend who can set that up for us, well leave with the cargo that gets shipped out from key west." He told me then sat up.

"Puerto Rico?" I asked him still in shock.

"Yeah we go get legally married again, and raise our baby." He said.

I just sat there looking at him letting it all sink in the spoke. "When?" I asked him.

"September 10 5am." He told me.

"What about Bernice and-"

"No there's no cancelling I've been planning this baby." He told me. "We're leaving that day and that time it's final." He told me. I have a month to get out of here. I can't leave I have kids a husband and everything. "It's go be perfect."

...

Chris pov

I woke up in a hospital bed to Trey and Red yelling at each other.

"Naw man we won this one." Trey said.

I sat up and looked at the tv as I rubbed my eye. "Naw man." Red disagreed.

I looked at the game in Tv and spoke up. "I need a blunt." I said and started to unhook myself from the machines. They both looked at me.

"Naw man you need to take a break from smoking, that's why you in here now." Trey said.

"Yeah bro keep on and you go end up dead, and you got kids to live for bro." He told me and I smacked my lips and looked at him. "Don't smack yo lips I'm serious nigga." He told me.

"Ight man damn lets go." I said and headed for the door only for the nurse to come in.

"Oh Mr.Brown you need to lay back in bed." She said and tried to push me back.

"Naw I got shit to do, just tell me what's wrong then let me leave." I told her waving her off.

"You had an asthma attack mr.Brown you need to stay here so we can keep an eye on you then possibly send you to rehab." She told me.

"Naw Naw fuck all that, I'm good, Ian addicted to weed and I got an inhaler discharge me." I told her.

She looked at me and sighed. "Mr. Brown-"

"What the fuck I just say!" I yelled at her scaring her causing her to jump.

"Sorry lady He stubborn ain't no point." Red told her.

She looked at me then spoke again. "You can sign out at the front desk." She told me then walked out the room.

"Bro you making the wrong decision." Trey said while standing up.

"Get your shit so I can get out of here." I said to them checking my pockets to make sure I had everything.

These niggas trying to tell me about myself when they need to worry about their own self. I walked to the desk to check out with the nurse.

"Christopher Brown for check out." I said then leaned on the counter.

"Aww yess Nancy told me you were coming and she wanted me to give you this but sign here." The lady said

She pointed to the sign out sheet then reached behind her desk then tried to hand me a rehab brochure. When I was done signing the paper I looked at her like she was crazy.

"I don't need that shit." I said waving her off then walking off.

"Man dude tripping like a hoe." Red said as they followed.

I walked out the hospital and over to Red car as he unlocked the door. I got in the car and slammed the door.

"Bitch don't slam my shit." Red said while climbing in the front driver seat as Trey climbed into the passenger seat.

"Fuck you."  I said and threw my head back.

When we got to my house I was the first one to get out the car. I walked into the crib and the first thing I did was roll a blunt.

"C is you dead ass right now?" Trey asked me sitting on the couch next to me.

I mugged him. "You gotta be fucking kidding me you just damn near lost your life and you back doing the same shit." Trey said.

The smoked filled my lungs and as he was talking I started to tune him out. He looked at me for a minute "Man let's go if he wanna throw his life away I'm not going to sit back and watch, I'll help you find my sis but until you get right I'm gone." Trey said then standing up in frustration then walked out my house.

"Here man you might need this." Red said sliding the brochure on the table.

I looked at all the pictures around the house and back at the brochure. I started to get in my thoughts maybe they was right I do need it. But I can't check into rehab right now, I still gotta find my wife dead or alive. "Fuck it." I said blowing the smoke.

...

Half of this was written by bbyshi6