Chapter Eleven: Court

The next day (March 26th)
Chris pov

Today Jaylein has a meeting with her attorney about Jason not signing the papers so she has to get a court date. I wish this nigga would just let her go. Man my baby need a vacation with all this shit going on and I plan on taking her on one but with all this I don't know when we go have time. Tiara funeral is tomorrow, the kids start back on school Monday and Travis have a court Tuesday and we hear his plead and I'm sorta wanna know what that's gonna he but either way he go have jail time from that probation violation.

She wants to go back to work and find a house for her and the kids and shit and our schedule is just to hectic for all that.

"Mom I'll come pick them up after this meeting?" She told her mom over the phone while she yawned.

I know she ain't really sleep that well last night because of all this shit I'm tired for her.

She hung up and put her phone in the cup holder with mine and she sighed. "You straight?" I asked her and she sighed and nodded. "Stop lying tell me baby." I told her.

"It's just so much when do I get a break?" She asked me putting her head back.

"I know how you feel and I'm here with you Ight?" I asked her. I glanced at her and she was nodding her head so I looked back at the road. "You were there with me threw any and everything so I'm here for you. Once all this shit blows over it will be worth it." I assured her as I parked in front of the law firm. "I love you." I told her grabbing her hand and she looked at me while I cut the car off.

"I love you too." She said and I pecked her lips a few times.

"Let's go." I told her.

...

Jaylein pov

"Mrs. Banks is able to meet with you." The receptionist told us.

Me and chris stood up and walked towards his office doors. We walked in and he sat there at her computer.

"Hello Ms. Jones." She told me standing up behind her desk.

"Hey." I told her.

"And is this the new Mr?" She asked putting her hand out for Chris to shake it.

"Um this is the father of my kids Chris." I told her as they shook hands.

"Nice meeting you I'm Lisa." She said as we all took our seats.

"Ok girl so what's up?" She asked me with a smile.

"He didn't sign them." I told her.

"Don't worry about that we can just set a court date and let a judge debate." She told me typing on her computer.

"Good." I told her

"So if you don't mind me asking why do you want to leave him?" She asked looking me in my eyes.

"Um well we both cheated on eachother multiple times." I told her as she continued to type in her computer. "And he became abusive you could say." I told her.

"And what kind of abuse?" She asked me still typing.

"I'm sorry what do you mean?" I asked her a lifting confused.

"Um I mean like Physically, mentally-" she stared and I cut her off.

"Physically." I told her as I felt that lump in my throat growing, you know the one that you have before you start crying.

"And with that being said what did he do?" She asked me and I felt my eyes get clouded with tears but I blinked them away.

I guess I took to long to answer because she stopped typing and then looked at me and I also felt Chris stare on the side of my face.