Chapter Fifty: Nice

One week later (August 18th)
Jaylein pov

I'm sick of being here. It's a constant pattern every day. I sat in the basement hooked to the bed. He's given me more room to move around, I'm more like on a chained leashes with one hand hooked to the bed. I heard the door open and closed then foot step Who soon I realize belonged to Bernice.

She stopped at the bottom and looked at me. "So you think you can just have a baby by my soon to be husband and me not beat yo ass for it?" She asked me and I just looked at her.

All these bitches crazy and high off whatever. "It's not his Bernice." I told her and she ran up causing me to swing only to hit her directly in her face. Making her stumble back and hold her lip.

"Imma kill yo ass!" She yelled at me then headed for the stairs. "I promise you!" She said while walking up them the door opened and I heard her and August talking then he made his way down here.

"Wassup." He said to me. I looked at him like he was crazy as hell. "What?" He asked me.

"Don't wassup me like we cool or some shit." I told him and sat in the bed.

He reached in his pocket and threw me his phone. I held it for a while as he walked to the top of the stairs and locked the door. "I need a pass code." I told him.

"793699." He told me jogging back down the stairs. "One call Jaylein and make it quick." He told me as I dialed Chris number.

Chris pov

I looked at my as I smoked a blunt. August name popped up and I debated on answering. And as high as I was something told me to answer.

"Bitch what the fuck you want?" I answered.

"Chris, it's Jaylein." She said and I sat up.

"Baby." I said. "Where you at?" I asked her and  jogged upstairs to our bedroom.

"I don't know, I know I'm in the woods in a cabin somewhere outside of Miami." She told me as I turned on my computer and sat on the bed. "Chris." She said.

"Stay on the phone and just talk." I told her while I logged in.

Next thing I knew she spoke. "Chris I'm pregnant." She said with fear in her voice.

I chuckled as I connected my phone to my lap top then I smiled. "How far along?" I asked trying not to squeal and shit like a little bitch but in the inside I was happy as shit.

"Around 3 months." She told me.

"So we finna have another baby?" I asked still surprised.

"Yeah, but I gotta get out of here." She said as I still tried to track the phone. "September 10th 5am, Jason's putting up on a boat with some cargo to go to Puerto Rico." She said and my heart sank.

"Where from?" I asked still listening but keeping my focus on the lap top as it loaded.

"Key west." She said and I put her on speaker to write it down in my notes.

"I'll see you there." I told her truthfully. "Ian finna let him take my wife to Puerto Rico, I'll be there baby I promise." The lap top finish loading I raised my eyebrows. "The phone is pining off a cell tower around 2 hours from here, I'll see you soon." I told her then pulled it up on my maps.

It was silent for a while then she spoke once more. "I gotta go, tell the kids I love them and that I'm ok." She said and my eyes watered. I love you." She said and a tear rolled down my cheek.

"I love you too baby, see you soon." I told her and she hung up.

I texted her mom and gave her to new along with Trey and Red.

Jaylein pov

"Bitch what the fuck you want?" He asked me and I remember I was on August phone.

"Chris, it's Jaylein." I told him.

"Baby." He said surprised. "Where you at?" He asked me.

"I don't know." I told him looking at August. "I know I'm in the woods in a cabin somewhere outside of Miami." I told him and he went silents. "Chris." I said.

"Stay on the phone and just talk." He told me.

"Tell him." August whispered to me and pointed at my stomach.

"Chris I'm pregnant." I told him with no hesitation but he was still silent.

He then chuckled and I heard a smile in his voice. "How far along?" He asked me.

"Around 3 months." I told him.

"So we finna have another baby?" He asked me and I smiled.

"Yeah, I said with a nod, but I gotta get out of here." I told him. "September 10th 5am, Jason's putting up on a boat with some cargo to go to Puerto Rico." I told him holding back my tears.

"Where from?" He asked me.

"Key west." I told him.

"I'll see you there." He told me and I blinked my tears away. "Ian finna let him take my wife to Puerto Rico, I'll be there baby I promised." He said causing me to tear up due to happiness. "The phone is pining off a cell tower around 2 hours from here so hopefully I'll see you soon." He told me.

August gestured with his fingers to wrap it up with moving his fingers in a circle motion. "I gotta go, tell the kids I love them and that I'm ok." I told him as tears ran down my face. "I love you." I told them.

"I love you too baby, see you soon." He told me then I hung up.

I gave August his phone back and spoke. "Thanks." I told him with a slight smile while whipping my tears.

"No problem." He told me.

He walked up the stairs and unlocked and opened the door and next thing I knew I heard a gun shot then August body flew to the bottom of the stairs.

"Aug!" I yelled as I immediately started crying and tried to make my way over to him.

Jason jogged down the stairs and looked at me. "Look what you made me do baby." He told me as Bernice walked behind him with a smirk.

She a fucking snake, I know she told him. Jason unlocked me from the cuff that connected me to the bed and I ran over to August then once again I heard another gun shot. I screamed and put my head down onto August chest and I looked over and saw Bernice with a bullet while in her chest. I looked up at Jason still crying. "No body likes a snitch." He said with a shrug and walked over to me. "Let's go, Chris probably on his way."

...