Buckbeak bowed back and Maurelle took the initiative of touching him. Buckbeak accepted her touch and nuzzled its beak on her palm. Harry tried to follow, but Buckbeak was a bit shaken when he got closer.

"Back off. Back off. Keep still. Keep still." He told the two.

Buckbeak regain his composure and was calm.

"Well done, Harry. Well done, Maurelle. Here, you big brute, you." Hagrid fed him, " Right. I think you can go and pat him now. Go on. Don't be shy. Nice and slow, now. Nice and slow. Slow."

Harry came forward, but Buckbeak was still timid, "Not so fast, Harry." Hagrid said.

Harry slowed down his movements.

"Slow down, Harry. That's it...Nice and slow.
Now let him come to you.Slowly, now, slowly, slowly...That's it...Yes! Well done! Well done, Harry, well done!" Hagrid said.

"Does he get to fly?" Maurelle asked.

"I think he may let you ride him now." Hagrid said.

"What?" Harry said.

"Wicked." Maurelle hopped on Buckbeak with no problem.

"Come on." Hagrid picked up Harry.

"Hey, hey, hey!"Harry tried to resist, but it was no use.

"Put you over here, behind Maurelle. Don't pull out any of his feathers, because he won't thank you for that." Hagrid slapped Buckbeak and he was off.

"Wooohoooo" Maurelle shouted.

"Woaaahh" Harry hung on for dear life.

They flew around the whole school and grazed the lake. Harry was feeling less tense and more free. After a few minutes of riding about, they landed back on ground.

"Well done, Harry, Maurelle and well done, Buckbeak" Hagrid said.

"That was wicked, Harry." a student praised.

"Amazing, Maurelle." another said.

"Oh, please." Draco said, as he made his way to the front.

"Well done, well done" Hagrid said as he helped Harry and Maurelle down.

"How am I doing me first day?" He asked the two.

"Brilliant, professor."Harry said.

"Absolutely extraordinary. One of the best lessons I've ever had, professor." Maurelle said.

"Yes you're not dangerous at all, are you, you great ugly brute!" Draco stepped up to Buckbeak.

"Malfoy, no..." Maurelle warned him.

Buckbeak felt threaten by Draco and became defensive. He raised his claws and scratched Draco's arm.

"No!" Draco cried.

"Buckbeak! Whoa, whoa, whoa...Whoa! Buckbeak! Away, you silly creature!" Hagrid tried to calm Buckbeak with food.

"It's killed me!" Draco was whimpering.

"Calm down!" Maurelle bent down to him.

"It's just a scratch" Hagrid said.

"Hagrid! He has to be taken to the hospital. " Maurelle said.

"I'm the teacher. I'll do it." Hagrid picked up Draco, as if he was the damsel in distress.

"You're gonna regret this." Draco said.